Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivekananda
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VivekanandaYour feedback matters!
I have a melasma on my shoulder. What is the best treatment or cream to remove it permanently? As of now it is on mu shoulder so does it grow on other part of skin as well? Currently I am using lumacip plus.
I am 30 years old and having black spots on my face can you suggest some cream which will help to remove dark sports it looks like my skin tanned.
Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Hormones - Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication - A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis. Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways.
- Genes - Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
Laser Surgery is safe:
First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hair in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle, preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do any kind of lump in a breast ultimately become cancer. What measure should be taken to prevent breast cancer? Do breast cancer affect heart function?
I am 21 year old male and I am suffering from acne and pimples and dark circles I tried various medicines and many doctors but nothing happened how can I get pimple free skin fairer skin.
There are four types of protein contact dermatitis: animal, proteolytic enzymes, plant, and flour. The risk factors for this include protein allergens, atopy, and chronic dermatitis. There have been several theories proposed for protein contact dermatitis. Many Scientists are of the view that this occurs due to type 1 hypersensitivity.
Some are of the view that this results from type 1 and type 4 hypersensitivity reactions. Many also believe that this results due to a mediated immunoglobulin E hypersensitivity reaction. All the above three theories have been backed by enough proofs to support the model. No particular sexual or racial predilection is known for this infection. People can get affected with protein contact dermatitis at any age.
Proteins responsible for protein contact dermatitis:
There are four segments of proteins that can result in protein contact dermatitis.
- The first segment involves spices, fruits, plants, and vegetables. This is most commonly found in food vendors, gardeners, caterers etc. The source of protein comes from mugwort, asparagus, carrot, soy, peach, bean, apple and peanut.
- The second segment belongs to animal proteins and the possible victims are butchers, farmers, cooks and veterinarians. People who come in contact with the intestine of animals are more likely to get this disease. The source of protein comes from cow dander, blood, squid, worms, egg yolk, maggots, worms and meats.
- The third segment of protein contact dermatitis is very common among bakers. A form of dermatitis is observed. This being flour-associated proteins, the common culprits are rye and wheat. It is necessary to stay from the latter in order to avoid it.
- The fourth segment results from protein associated with a proteolytic enzyme. This form of protein contact dermatitis is mostly visible among workers of an enzyme factory, bakers, workers of a pharmaceutical company, soap factory workers etc. Patients mostly suffer from respiratory symptoms in this segment. Certain enzymes that are responsible for this segment of protein contact dermatitis include lactase, amylase, and glucoamylase.
Symptoms and diagnosis:
Protein contact dermatitis shows symptoms such as lichenification, erythematous papules, and dermatitis affecting the forearms. At times the fingertips get affected too. A doctor might prescribe a patch test followed by prick and scratch test. Other tests involve a fungal test, open application testing, radioallergosorbent testing, image studies, and biopsy.
The key to avoiding protein contact dermatitis is to stay away from the protein causing the disease. For short-term reliefs, a doctor can prescribe corticosteroids and antihistamines. A patient might have to get admitted to a hospital if the severity level of the disease is so much that the patient is suffering from gastrointestinal distress and angioedema. Medication involves oral dosage of antihistamines and clobetasol propionate.