Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivekanand BhatYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old female and am getting hit by acne and pimple very often. My skin is oily too. What changes should I bring in to my diet?
Hello, I had completed 18 years, in front of my head about 1 cm of hairs was lost. So can you please tell me the best home remedies to regrown my hairs naturally at home.
I have problem of hair fall and used many shampoo of various brand but it doesn't work and still there is no result.
I have black pimples on my face and black heads on my face. How to remove these black heads and pimples.
I have dry skin over 3 months. So I have a various problem in sun sine. Which medicine suitable to me.
I am facing too much hair loss, it is not normal hair loss (approximately 100-150 hairs are falling during bath and found so many hairs on my comb). What should I do.
I have a skin diseases in my foot. My skin is getting dry and getting wounds. It is very painful. I consult many doctors but didn't get cured. Is there is any medicine for it.
I am 19 years old and am facing severe hair fall after I got a layer haircut, I had dermatitis, since my rate of itching and the problems have reduced am not continuing the medicines any longer, they were full of steroids, I gained 10 Kgs after this problem. What is the reason and remedy for excessive hair fall? Help me out please.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.