Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek Pratap SinghYour feedback matters!
Wt can I do for my anxiety plzz help me sir. I am facing some issues like lack of sleep. Weight gain. Dull skin etc.
After blood test post malaria, I am found with deficiency of G6PD enzyme. Please guide me about it's effects and precautions I need to take.
I am having umbilical hernia abt 8 mm I saw an grocery product in Google without surgery within 6 months hernia is totally cured, is it believable to use this.
She is suffering from irregular periods. Its coming only one day for a month and she also staying in hostel and she is much worried about that. So please send your advice doctor.
I am smoking for the past 30 years. The saliva in the mouth is of bad smell and taste. occasional pain the gum. What to do?
I am 17 year old. I always play football in morning and evening for 1-2 hours. But now my legs are in pain. Especially knees. Sometimes it feels like strengthless in legs. Please help.
Frequent during change of season, the common cold can be a nuisance, leading to disruptions in your daily activities. Although it’s true that the common cold cannot be prevented, there are certain sure shot ways of getting rid of it through simple home remedies. Read on to find out 5 home remedies for common cold, free from side effects.
1. Put an extra pillow under your head: Do this at night when you’re ready to sleep. Adding an extra pillow under your head can help in relieving congested nasal passages. If you bit too uncomfortable, or if the angle is too high, then you can place the pillow between the mattress and the box spring. This would create a gradual slope and prevent any sort of discomfort during sleep.
2. Make your own saline nasal spray: For this you’ll need to mix 3 teaspoons of iodide free salt with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Add this mixture to 230ml of distilled or lukewarm boiled water and fill a bulb syringe with the mixture. Stand at your basin and lean your head over. Hold one nostril close by applying pressure with your finger and gently squirt the mixture into your open nostril and let it drain. Repeat for the other nostril.Just be sure to use distilled or previously boiled water at all times. Also remember to rinse the bulb syringe thoroughly and let it dry to prevent any infections.
3. Chew on raw garlic: Garlic has antiviral and antibacterial properties, which can greatly help in getting rid of common cold. Besides it is also good for your immune system and aids in opening up your respiratory passage and in cleaning out the toxins from your body. Just chew on raw garlic cloves or add a few drops of garlic oil in your food or drinks to cure yourself of common cold.
4. Treat yourself to some chocolate: Hot, dark chocolate sweetened with a little bit of honey can help in reducing cough. Research found out that chocolate contains theobromine, which can suppress the nerve that is responsible for coughing, and is also more effective in curing persistent coughs than codeine. Here’s the catch though: milk chocolate doesn’t work. Honey, on the other hand, can help in soothing a sore throat.
5. Have red onion syrup: Red onions can help providing relief to sore throats and other common cold symptoms. To make this syrup at home, you need to chop 2-3 red onions horizontally and one slice of onion with honey at a time in a bowl until its full. Then cover the bowl and let it stand for 12-15 hours; when you open it you’ll find thick syrup ready. Consume of a spoonful of it several times a day to cure yourself of common cold the natural way.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
If someone has pcod than what are the problems a women can suffer form? And if she had pcod then she can be pregnant or not?
Hello I'm 22 male. Yesterday when I passed motion I started bleeding for the first time. I thought it may be because of body heat. And neglected. Even today wen I went to pass the motion again it started bleeding. Now I'm feeling tired. And scared too. Can you please help me out?
I am 32 years old male, I am suffering from back ache for last 2 years and now for the past few months I have lost weight considerably and my chest and ribs are considerably decreasing in size . What should I do to recover my weight and chest size.
What should I do to remove hyperpigmentation permanently. What soap or cream or medicine should I need to get the rid of it.
I am keeping track of my blood pressure and from last 15 days it is coming around 104-70. I am feeling lot of uneasy n dizziness.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.