Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. VivekYour feedback matters!
I am 25year old. My hand vibrate. Please Dr. Help me. I am not drink alcohol regular. Only occasionally.
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
My mother is suffering from neck pain. Sometime she point out numb area at back of her head. What should she do?
I am vidyadhar[age 36] and I am suffering of foot numbness. I am using pragacip capsules, my doctor telling that was blood circulation problem. Can you tell me some good medicines for blood circulation and for ed problem.
Hi I am 39 years old female. I have chronic insomnia for the past ten years. I have had many sleeping pills. Have been taking ayurvedic and home too. But still it takes a toll on me sometimes. I want to sleep like a log. Please give your valuable advice. Thanks.
Hello Dr. Mere sir me left side drd rehta h 6 month pehle CT scan karwaya tha Khuch ni aaya. Dr. NE migrane btaya but Ab Khuch Dino se mere left eye me Kone me drd hota h sir drd k saath saath. Jb m karwat Leti hu Tb jyada hota h. Or thoda thoda jabde me b. Koi serious problem to nhi h na. Suggeste Dr.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from bells palsy since 4m last 3 months. .and now 80% got recovered but sometimes I feel pain on my face (right side. I want to know how long this thing will remain. Is there any thing that you can sugest me to over come completely.
When I ask a question in class or answer I suddenly start to feel tremors in my legs and hand. I become block by mind for 10 to 30 sec or even. please suggest appropriate remedy and reasons.
My father is suffering from memory loss. Since then he has an irritating nature as wel as aggressive. How to treat him or are the treatments available for this problem.
I am 16 years old Male. I would like to know about Bell's Palsy. I think I've got Bell's Palsy. Since yesterday morning when I woke up my right eye is watering continuously and right side of face is got inactive. I can sense on the side but can't move.
I have been suffering from nerve weakness and sever headache problem so please give me suitable suggestions.
Some peoples disturb in a fits problems why are coming this problem. May be genes problem and please tell me about this problem.
During night ,the hands are cramping becoming numbness why this is happening for my Aunt is there any solution for this condition.
Left hand and right leg goes numb many a times with pins and needles feeling later on. Also have back ache and when keep the head bended for some time, feel giddy. Whole day feel fatigued and keep postponing things to be done because of the same. Sleep is not proper. Also suffering from skin conditions.
Medical measures: if you have frequent episodes, you will need 2 types of medicines- one to be taken daily for a period of at least 6 months as prophylaxis and 2nd to be taken during attacks of headache for quick relief of pain. These medication should be started only after consultation with a neurologist and ruling out other rare but serious causes of headache.
Lifestyle measures play an equal, if not greater role in management of migraine. They include:
1) regular intake of meals. Avoid fasting, eat breakfast, lumnch and dinner at fixed timings.
2) good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily
3) avoiding foods that precipitate migraine like cheese, chocolate, excess coffee/tea and sour foods
In addition, you may have to temporarily avoid excessive travel and exposure to sunlight which can precipitate headache. Yoga/ meditation and relaxation techniques will help immensely.