Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VivekYour feedback matters!
I have developed a flaky dry skin on my elbows and on the thighs. It's not itchy, nor it's red but when I apply any moisturizer, after few weeks the skin becomes normal. But the skin becomes a little dark over that spot when compared to the original skin tone. What should be done?
Hi I am suffering from oily face. When ever I exposed to sunlight my face colour immediately turns to black. I need remedy in the from of tablets to decrease melanin content. And also suggest me for dark circles problem.
My mother is a55 year old female. Rashes are seen on the the skin of the arms. When these are exposed to sunlight, then a scorching feeling is felt. So what should she do?
My friend is suffering from fungal infections and skin infection near penis from 1 year he prescribed from many doctors but dosent affected the infections are increasing today also please prescribe best medicine antifungal tablets for him please doctor.
I have suffering from pimples on my face and my face gets dry please provide me some tips to remove the pimples and make my face glamorous. Thank you.
I am 69y (male) Its found in the scan there's Grade 111 prostatomegaly and Cystitis changes in my rt. Kidney. How to rectify the prostate problem?
I have white milk pimples on my face which is called 'milia. How can I get rid from this skin problem? Please give me some suggestions.
Don't be fooled by cosmetic advertising: Myriad creams, lotions, and potions at the drugstore and cosmetics counter make promises they could never deliver on. My recommendation is to keep it simple: Take an advice with good dermatologist. All you need is a basic cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and broad-spectrum sunscreen to keep your skin in tip-top shape. Everything else is just dressing.
• Make Sure "Natural" Is Really Natural
Toxic synthetic chemicals are the biggest issue in the beauty industry today, so it pays to hone a keen eye when it comes to examining product labels.
• Say No to Fragrance
A loophole in federal law doesn't require companies to declare any of the dozens of toxic chemicals that a single product's fragrance mixture could contain. Artificial fragrances, which frequently contain phthalates, can also trigger allergic reactions and other health problems..
• Choose Nontoxic, Recyclable Packaging
You can never go wrong with glass because it's recyclable and has no danger of leaching toxins into the product contained within. As far as plastics go, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), also known by the recycling code #1, and high-density polyethylene (HDPE), #2, are most frequently accepted by municipal curbside recycling programs and are considered safe; polycarbonate (#7), may leach the endocrine disruptor bisphenol-A, or BPA. Polypropylene (#5), another food-safe plastic, is also a good alternative, though less easily recycled.
• Choose Organic Beauty and Grooming Products
Organic ingredients are those grown without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, which is healthier for the planet and healthier for our bodies. Better yet are botanicals grown using biodynamic farming methods, which go beyond organic by emphasizing an even more holistic relationship between the soil, plants, and animals.
• Sidestep the Petrochemicals Used to make emollients for face cream or found in the form of coal tar for scalp-treatment shampoos, petroleum byproducts can be contaminated by cancer-containing impurities. A nonrenewable and environmentally unfriendly resource, petroleum barely belong in your car, let alone on your skin. Identify it on labels as petrolatum, mineral oil, and paraffin.
• Make Your Own Green Skin Care Treatments
The best way to know exactly what goes into your skincare products? Make your own. Not only will you save money and packaging, but you'll also get the satisfaction that no preservatives or toxic chemicals were used in the process.
• Stay Beautiful Inside and Out by Being Healthy
Diet and exercise should play vital roles in your skincare regimen, as well. Besides working up a good sweat to keep nutrient-carrying blood circulating throughout your body, be sure to feed yourself plenty of protein, healthy fats (such as omega-3 fish oils or flaxseed oils), complex carbohydrates, and fruit.
Dr. Jangid, MD, Skin
Dermatologist, AIIMS, New Delhi
Meri skin gori thi lekin main 2-3 month continue swimming karta tha to meri skin bahut black Ho gayi hai to main mera natural colour kaise vapas la sakta hu?
My hands n legs skin is becoming dry and saggy saggy in these days after doing wax what I have to do I want a youth full skin.
I have boils, doctor told me to use t bact, which is not available in the market at all. Which cream can I use as its substitute.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back. L use scar removal for four months but didn't see any change. What can I do?
Hello. Main kuch 4 ya 5 dino se skin problem face kar rahi hu. I have oily skin. Is liye hamesa pimples hote hain. Kuch dino se skin bohot dry ho raha hain. Bohot khicha khicha mahasoos kar rahi hoon. Skin pe bohot jaga pe safed spots ho gaye hain. Skin layers bhi nikal rahe hain. Main waise koi dawai nahi le rahi hoon. Aur meri monthly circles vi normal hain. Main avi 24 saal ki hu. Is problem se chutkara pane ke liye har roz bohot sara jonson baby cream laga rahi hoon. Par apply k 5 min bad skin firse dry aur kheechi kheechi ho jati hain. Main zyada spycy khana bhi nahi khati. So please tell me ki mujhe kya karna chahiye isse chutkara pane k lliye. Thank you.
Sir I'm 21 years old l am facing the problem of dark circles under eye from last 4 years pls tell me what should I do.
I am 25 years old, single girl. Am having upper lip darkness and my neck is too dark when compared to my skin colour. Am having irregular periods, is this will be reason? What will be the remedy for this. Am over weight too for my height.
Skin in the sole of my feet are very thick and hard and causes cracks. Does saline solution soften the skin?
I have recently in the past 3-4 years developed pigmentation on the upper lip and also in the outline of the lower lip. My lips have also become very dry. I started using "nivea fruity shine" lip balm daily but nothing happened. I just want to know the best solution (even if home remedy) for this pigmentation and dryness of lips of mine.
I have freckles and white spots on my face and arms which is due to fungal infection so what should I do to remove them?
People who have been using different kinds of skin care products have got a lot of misconceptions. Those misconceptions need to be removed otherwise you will never be able to choose the right skin care cosmetics for yourself.
6 top misconceptions about skin-care products
- Costly products are the best: There are many fellows who think that if the skin care products are costly, then they must be equipped with greater effectiveness. In fact, this is one of the leading reasons that most people are currently choosing only costly products without knowing that it can be one of the business strategies of the popular brands.
- Latest products are effective: Currently invented products are always good and this is quite an age-old conception, but this is not true at all. But nobody tries to understand the reality and rather goes by the trend in order to prove the myth to be true. As per the researchers, it has been found that there are many traditional products that are pretty good than the modern ones. But the young generation is not ready to accept this fact, and this is the reason they are suffering like anything.
- Younger look can be assured by creams: Only application of a fairness cream can give a fair complexion is a very wrong conception. Ageing effects can be definitely reduced to a great extent, but cannot be eliminated at all and this is a hardcore fact, whether you accept it or not. On the other hand, you have to choose only selective creams having vitamin-c serums, hydroxyl acids and others.
- Cosmetic companies make intricate researches: Though all reputed cosmetic companies say that they conduct researches intricately for making the creams more improved, but have you ever tried to know the reality? Nice packaging and great fragrance do not mean that the products are the outcome of deep researches.
- Organic creams are safe: Creams having natural ingredients are definitely safe, but how will you come to know that the mentioned ingredients have been added or not? If natural ingredients are good for skin, then you can try the homemade recipes. Hence, why purchase readymade creams having the same ingredients? The answers are still quite controversial and thus, people are pretty confused in taking their decisions.
- Cream is the easiest option: Even if creams are having all the necessary ingredients needed for skin health, still they neither compete nor can take the place of healthy foods in reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.