Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vittal Naik
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vittal NaikYour feedback matters!
I hv eye pressure problem from last 2 year. It remains around 30. Also there is redness in eye. Pls advice for keeping low pressure and remove redness of eye.
I , I have -1 180 degree axis in left eye and -1 25 degree axis power in right eye. I suffer from eye pain in the eye around eye brows and back of the head even after wearing the prescribed glasses. For the last 4 months my eye and back head pain increased when I walk in daylight or sitting in room with bright light and I cannot work on laptop for more than half hour. I work in IT field and I am unable to proceed my job due to my eye pain. Also can my power be corrected with lasik?
Recently I check up my eyes and that day my eyes number is also increased. Now after 15 days of checkup my left eye retina again increased why my eyes retina and number is increasing rapidly. How to stop it or how can the number can be decreased?
I am facing a problem of eye twitching for more than 1 week. Its uncomfortable and irritating. please suggest something to stop this. I am 25 years old.
I am 17 years old. I need spectacles to see distance objects. My power is -1.5 and -2.0 I have glasses from 2 months and I find that my eyes are going inside. What is the reason and how can I control it. Please help.
MY eyes are very red through at day. But in night it particularly well. It is going on seen 10 years. Is there any solution doctor?
I am wearing specs for past 7 yrs, how I can increase my eye sight. Its year by year eye power decreased. What can I do for that?
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.