Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Viswanath DYour feedback matters!
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My son is 4 months old and he has developed cold and running nose since 1 month. I went to a doctor thrice. For first two times he told that your son' s chest is clear then prescribed saline drops but it doesn' t work. For the third time I changed the doctor and he prescribed koforist and its also not worked still my baby has running nose, cough and feels like he has bulgum in his tract. Please help me
Hello, my 1 year old baby is going to pooh 7-8 times a day, doctor prescribed Colistop-DS tonic and Norflox tablet, but my baby is vomiting in 10 mins after taking medicine, don't know how to give medicine to him please help me I am so much worried.
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
He is 7 years old . And the problem is .he is doing bed wet when he sleep 3 or 4 times in night. So please suggest .
My son 19 months old does not speak yet. He just says mam-mam and ish ishhh most of the time. Nothing more then that. I try to talk to him and show him things. But he does not speak anything else. Is there anything I must do for him?
My son who is 3 and half does not like going to school. It's been a month now. He wants that we should collect him early from school as compared to his classmates. He daily weeps while sleeping. I have inquired at school as well. All is well. Normal primary school in Srinagar. I have inquired with my child many a times daily as well. He just doesn't want to go away from me. I feel so bothered He is good at studies. Whatever I teach or at school he quickly grasps it. Only problem is he is unsociable. what to do? Please help a distressed mother.
My 10 years daughter cries too much, she doesnt says anything if she is having any problem, only cries, please tell what to do?
My 4 months baby boy has red rashes like daag by birth on both sides of his face it cured and return again after treatment.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.
My 21 month old daughter is suffering with mild fever, coughing, sneezing from yesterday. Fever is around 100-101 degree. Giving her grenil syrup, ambrodil. Kindly advice me. Should I give her antibiotic.
Mam. Meri beti20month ki uski toilet tiet hoti h aur use dard bhi hota h. Use horlicks ya bornvitta pila skte h. Usko lactalose Avict ka pilaye tb tak thik tha phir use tite toilet ho rhi h kya kre. Please reply me.
My son is 11 years old , his one by one teeth are falling , he lost almost 4 teeth in last 3 months , is this serious ?
My 5yr old complains of pain in the leg often while sleeping in the night, what could be the reason? There is no specific leg or specific place on the leg. Who should be consulted, a paediatrician or orthopedist ?
My baby is 5 month old having Pulmonary atresia with Vsd, one BT shunt operation has been done pls suggest if full correction is possible without open heart surgery. Kuldeep Verma9810881171.
I have a baby of 8 months and she got infection in her blood? what are the causes and remedy for that problem?
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from Respiration problems from 2010. Is there any cure for this problem. I have to take Cipla - Montair LC twice in a day. And sometimes have to take levolin capsule inhaler. I want a cure of this problem.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.