Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VishwanathYour feedback matters!
I have irregular teeth. So, I want to straighten my teeth. Please describe the options available and it's cost.
Hello my age is29 I have problem is my teeth and also have pain so please help me to resolve this problem I have away cpnsilt to doctor.
I have been having problem of mouth ulcer for past few months, they reoccur after some days and that time I feel sharp pain in my chest as eating anything solid.
I m suffering from mouth ulcer from 4 days. What should I do to cure it. What are its causes and treatments.
I am suffering from ulcers in my mouth from last 10 to 15 days and I have tried all types of medicines like b-complex and gels. Now what should I do?
From last six months, when we have sex, I drink his sperms most of the time in three or four times in week. But from last week I found pimples on my tongue. Please doctor suggest me what should I do for this? Should we stop this?
Hi, Im facing gums problem. How should I take care for healthy gums. I didn't have any drinking and chewing habits. My gums are little bit move down on lower incisors.
I have lost enamel on most of my teeth because of which they appear yellow and dirty. Is there any way to make them whiter and brighter?
I have teeth problem, when I eat cold things I suffer from very much pain. Please consult me some toothpaste or the things which can give me relief from this too much pain.
Hi, there are thin black lines developing near my gums. Earlier it was only below one tooth but now it has spread to adjacent teeth as well. Please advise what steps shall I take to get rid of this?
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
My daughter has two bad teeth and she is experiencing pain from the past couple of days. The dentist suggested root canal for both the teeth. Is it required to go for root canal for a four year old kid? These teeth will eventually fall out. Are there any alternatives? How will the permanent teeth get affected with the proposed treatment?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.