Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwajith S MYour feedback matters!
I have had a terrible cough with sputum for last 20 days. Coughing gets worse when I lie down in supine and the phlegm keeps coming. Now and then I have a runny nose. Sputum is yellow in morning then white all through day. Tried otc benadryl, ascoril, honeytus. None helped. I am a female, age 37, smoker with pets in the house and weight 60 kilos. Also take 5mg coversyl.
I am having continuous cough now I am having homeopathy treatment using kofeez syrup, is that help curing cough? Please advise.
Iam a 22 year male. I have seen black coloured mucus while vomiting today. I often see the same while coughing too. What will be the reason?
He is coughing a lot. We gave a tonic for this. But then to we didn't find any improvement on him. What should we now.
I am taking tb treatment since five days .now I want to check whether my treatment is going in right way So which test should I do to check I ha medicine for one month I came to village for one month from Bangalore.
Sir my father is 65 yrs old.He has cough, cold, difficulty on breathing in morning time & always feel hungry.
I have been suffering from cold n sore throat for last 15 days. Seems my tonsil has increased which is painful at times. Please advice.
Hi, I have some issues while breathing. Although I do not have asthma. But still I feel it hard while taking breathe. If I did not breathe properly I used to start feeling tired and dull. I feel short of breathe sometimes. Please help me.
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 2 weeks I had also taken cough syrup. But no effect please suggest what to do?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.