Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwajith S MYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cough problem due to dust & ash where I am working what should I do for get relief from it.
When ever I eat oily food ,I get cough. And throat irritation. After which I get little difficulty in breathing due to cough.
I Am Suffering From Dry Cough For The Last 3 weeks And I Have chest Pain Whenever I Cough Hard. Can You Suggest What Should Be Done?
I am 41 years old male. Nowadays. When iam in deep sleep. I find difficulty in breathing. As breathing stops for. 2 to 3 seconds. Suddenly I am awakening. Kindly advise.
Hi I am saurav my sister is having high fever from five days. She also has body pain. She is having difficulty in breathing also. I want to know that what is this.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis.
I am 18 yes old I am suffering from the sick from two days ago cold cough jaundice diseases i'm suffering from please tell which things should be avoidable for this diseases.
My father has spine Tb for last 4 months. And he is taking medicine continue. But I don't think that he has a bit relief by his symptoms. So I want to be ensure that he is better or not. By which test I may be ensure that he is how much better.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I have desk job. And last two month I loose my weight of 9 kg and doctor said it is TB. How to I gain my weight quickly? ?
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.
I am a social smoker, almost 3 to 5 cigarettes per day and smoking for past 10 years, now I am 30 and I have some breathing trouble. When I stop smoking for 2 days it will reduce, but for me it is very tough to stop totally. So can you advice how to stop? Or any medicines available to control and stop this smoking/ or to get relief from this breathing trouble.
A small serpiginous cluster of vessels is noted in right posterior parietal lobe. The arterial supply of the nidus is from inferior devision of right middle cerebral artery which is enlarged. The venous drainage seems to be superficial cortical veins then draining into superior sagittal sinus. A small T2 hypointense structure is noted posterosuperior to nidus, likely suggestive of venous aneurysm. This is suggestive of brain (compact) anterior venous malformation. Is it dangerous what care should be taken.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.