Find numerous Vascular Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Vascular Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Vascular Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishnu M
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu MYour feedback matters!
Varicose Veins is a severe medical condition whereby the veins (mostly legs) become swollen, tortuous and dilated, i.e. the veins become varicosed. The Venous blood flows in an upward direction from the feet to the heart. There are special valves present in the veins that assist the upward flow of the blood.
Fatigue, prolonged standing, menopause and a number of other factors can weaken the valves. This affects the movement of the blood flow. As a result, some of it leaks and flows back down. The affected veins turn bluish-brown, red or blue. There also occurs dryness, leading to unbearable itching. Redness or the Red Leg syndrome is very common in case of Varicose Veins.
A number of surgical and non-surgical options are available for Varicose Veins. The Ayurvedic treatment, with its effectiveness and negligible or zero side effects, is the most sought after option.
Identifying the root cause
Accurate diagnosis is very important for effective treatment. According to Ayurveda, an imbalance of the Vata (wind and space) plays a pivotal role in Varicose Veins. The role of Rakhta (blood) and Pitta (heat) cannot be neglected either. Thus, restoring the Vata balance becomes a very important part of the treatment.
The Vata balance can be easily restored by following a healthy lifestyle and having an equally healthy and nutritious diet:
1. Citrus fruit like Amla works miraculously to revitalise the fatigued and Varicosed vein.
2. Include fresh fruits, whole grains (oats, millets to name a few) and proteins (milk, eggs, fish and chicken) in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
3. Red meat and spicy foods should be strictly avoided.
4. Garlic, onion and ginger are very beneficial. Consume them regularly.
5. Do not indulge in rigorous exercise or walking. Never soak your feet in cold water after exercise. It can prove to be detrimental for Varicose Veins.
6. Do not compromise on your sleep. A rejuvenated body and a relaxed mind can enhance the healing process greatly.
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs for treating Varicose Veins
- Kaishora Guggulu: Being a natural cleanser of blood, Kaishora guggulu is an obvious choice for Varicose Veins.
- Sarivadyasava: It goes a long way to detoxify the blood naturally.
- Chirabilvadi Kashaya: It is very effective in case of haemorrhoids.
- Sahacharadi: It is amazing herbal oil that provides great relief. Tender application of Sahacharadi over the varicosed vein/ veins can work wonders.
Do not lose sleep over Varicose Veins. The best and most effective Ayurvedic Treatment is just a click away.