Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod JainYour feedback matters!
I have found that I have tight hamstrings from 2-3 years and they have made my knee pain continuously and had made my walking style look going side to side which is bad at the age of 15. Please tell me what should I do?
When performing simple daily activities like climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, or walking tend to become a rather painful experience, knee replacement surgery seems to be the only suitable solution. Referred to as arthroplasty, it is a common surgery nowadays and ideal when several other therapies and injections fail to bring back the knees into the normal functioning order. Below are some the things that one can expect from a knee replacement surgery.
- Medications: It is quite natural to receive lots of prescribed medicines right after the completion of the surgery. From antibiotics to painkillers, one needs to be ready to have various medicines which are meant to relieve the pain of the surgery as well as to prevent blood clots. However, the drug dosages continue to get lesser, after each passing day, depending on how well the knees are performing.
- CPM: Taking the help of CPM or continuous passive motion becomes necessary for many people after having the knee replacement surgery. Depending on the condition of one’s knee, one might need to spend time in a CPM system, which helps in keeping the knee flexible. There’s a cradle in the machine for the legs, and the machine is fitted with the joint position and leg length. One can adjust the level up to which the machine can bend the knees, depending on their comfort level.
- Walking: The majority of the people who undergo knee replacement surgery can walk the very day of the surgery or the next day. Most of the people become able to bear the weight of the replaced knee with the help of crutches or walkers. However, one can expect a bit of pain when starting to walk for the first time after surgery.
- Rehabilitation: The primary purpose of rehabilitation after a knee replacement surgery is to make one capable of bending his or her knees at least 90 degrees which is essential for performing the daily activities easily. Several therapies can make the rehabilitation process a success and make the knees bendable more than 90 degrees in most of the cases.
- Exercise: Most people go home within a few days after a knee replacement surgery and is essential to take care post-surgery. The best way to maintain the good health of the knees is by performing the exercise program regularly, which is suggested by the doctors. Following the exercise program regularly and performing regular short walks, can make the knees flexible like before while regaining their strength as well as the motion range more quickly.
It's best to visit one's doctor from time to time, even months after the knee replacement surgery is done to not only monitor his or her knee replacement; but also to ensure that there are no risks of any complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.