Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vindumati
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VindumatiYour feedback matters!
Hey I want to ask about the cure and medicines for the diabetic patient. Pls give text reply to me about the exercise and health related tips with reference to my diseases of diabetes. I hope I will get the information about this from use waiting for the reply. Good.
I am having UTI for last 6 months. I am having burning sensation as well as frequent urination everyday. Taking medicine but not working. How should I get permanent cure Acidity problem.
Can I drink orange juice in dengue, I am asking cause my physician denied me lemonade. Just for precaution.
I have sex problem my sperm is very poor like a water since 3 month and my penis is too small and thin tell me what I am doing.
My father is suffering from regular attacks of lvf due to early history of rheumatic fever and then mitral valve replacement. What should I do?
Every day l have headache and for this l have eye pain. What is the reason behind it and what are the solution.
I am 53 years old male suffering from right side shoulder pain. Right hand is unable to stretch to the backside while taking bath for applying soap. Further, there is pain which I fell during my sleep also. The pain is particularly in top right hand and right shoulder. There is no injury. A homeopathy doctor says it is due to ageing problem. In my childhood, I was suffering from nail biting.
I'm 35, I have pain in my chest, my bp is also normal, checked. Can't eat food properly, woke up from sleep easily. Etc
A spinal cord injury is a damage to the spinal cord. It’s an extremely serious type of physical trauma that’s likely to have a lasting and significant impact on most aspects of daily life.
The spinal cord is responsible for sending messages from the brain to all parts of the body. It also sends messages from the body to the brain. We are able to perceive pain and move our limbs because of messages sent through the spinal cord.
If the spinal cord sustains an injury, some or all of these impulses may not be able to ‘get through’. The result is a complete or total loss of sensation and mobility below the injury. A spinal cord injury closer to the neck will typically cause paralysis throughout a larger part of the body than one in the lower back area.
A spinal cord injury is often the result of an unpredictable accident or violent event. The following can all result in damage to the spinal cord:
- A violent attack such as a stabbing or a gunshot
- Diving into water that’s too shallow and hitting the bottom
- Trauma during a car accident (specifically, trauma to the face, head and neck region, back, or chest area)
- Falling from a significant height
- Head or spinal injuries during sporting events
- Electrical accidents
- Severe twisting of the middle portion of the torso
Some symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- Problem in walking
- Loss of control of the bladder or bowels
- Inability to move the arms or legs
- Feelings of spreading numbness or tingling in the extremities
- Pain, pressure, stiffness in the back or neck area
- Signs of shock
- Unnatural positioning of the head
If you suspect that someone has a back or neck injury:
- Don’t move the injured person – permanent paralysis and other serious complications may result
- Keep the person still
- Place heavy towels on both sides of the neck or hold the head and neck to prevent them from moving until emergency care arrives
- Provide basic first aid, such as stopping any bleeding and making the person comfortable, without moving the head or neck
Because spinal cord injuries are often due to unpredictable events, the best you can do is reduce your risk.
Some risk-reducing measures include:
- always wearing a seatbelt while in a car
- wearing proper protective gear while playing sports
- never diving into water unless you’ve examined it first to make sure it’s deep enough and free of rocks
Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!