Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak V MakaYour feedback matters!
Frequent Urination specially at night as I wake up every 2 hrs to empty my bladder.I was told I have an enlarge prostate . my recent PSA was 1.5 .I have taken supplements like:Complete Prostate support and Prostate Deffense These do not seem to help much.I await to hear from you at your convenience.With my kind regards.
Which medicine to take for cancer or what are symptoms of heat stroke. Can you please help me with this.
Gutka khane k karan mera muh nahi khulraha. Mughe dar hai k mughe cancer hua hi. Muh me chale wagaira kuch b nahi hi. Iska ilaj batayein?
My uncle had a brain tumor now he is in aiims delhi. Doctor operated his tumor. And then they said that he had cancer and done cancer operation now the condition is that he is not responding and doctors are also not saying anything. They are telling that he will last 6 months more. We all are losing hope what should we do how to make my uncle in sense. How to make him respond .plz help.
I am 30 years old guy. I have small tumour kind of thing in mouth under teeth. My dentist removed teeth and did surgery and removed hard tissues. He told it will take 3 months to cure but already 2 months over. Still it is bulged out in mouth. I am doubting it is any cancer. Please suggest.
I'm 24 year old male. I have an problem in my prostate gland my left prostate still have bigger size for bit to the normal and also has panic ever alternately. It has been for more then 8 years after an event of friend's kick. I know that after the kick on this this size also happen more bigger due to not proper treatment or increased size due to more cycling. Please suggest me right treatment for this. I will be greatfull your. Thanks.
Breast Cancer and Prevention
Research consistently shows that drinking alcohol does increase the risk for breast cancer. Alcohol can increase levels of estrogen and other hormones associated with breast cancer. Alcohol may also increase breast cancer risk by damaging the DNA in the cells
Foods and Beverages with Vitamin D such as green tea pomegranate circumin and soy may have an anti carcinogenic effect. Curcurmin has recently been discovered to have a variety of benefits including its role in breast cancer prevention. Dietary intake of soy and atleast eight glasses of pure water daily will help control the risk of breast cancer.
Dear Sir; Im too much depressed. I'm out of my study track, always thinks about that what happened If I have an serious disease like cancer, I'm from a poor family so how my parents effort this? All my labor n aims n desires will finished if I die. Although I don't have any problem I'm thinking so much and inviting diseases. I cant bear insults. There is an uncomfortable condition all over in my mind and body. I'm not happy with anything. I don't know what makes me happy. So pls sir tell me what should I do?
Dear sir my father in law 72 years having urinary problem, prostate surgery done 2 year back, since few days loss of appetite, weight loss, constipation & weakness done usg abdomen the opinion is" multiple enlarged varying sized hypoechoic homogenous lymph nodes noted in pre/para cavla, pre/paraaortic, both common iliac region, right iliac fossa region, largest one 56 x 33 mm, 35 x 17 mm and 43 x 23 mm & adenopathy seen. Few sclerotic lesions seen in right iliac bone and in few lumbar vertebral bodies, suggestive of? metastasis" what this finding shows. Is cancer. State? what is treatment, and likely chances. Please guide.
My age is 60.Had initial stage uterus cancer. Undergone radical hysterectomy. What follow up tests are required after six months.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
Loss of appetite
Sudden weight loss
Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Sever chest pain
Causes of Lung Cancer:
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.