Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak S GowdaYour feedback matters!
I have dental problem. When brush my teeth blood flow through the germs. And even my teeth are not white even after twice brushing a day. please suggest.
Hello please suggest me which is the best way to protect ourself from Mouth problem as I am facing many issue like small ulcer and pigmentation frequently. Hence please suggest how to protect from it.
How can I get rid of bad odour from my mouth and please suggest me any natural remedies or medicine to get out from this problem.
I used to brush my teeth two times in a day with colgate but after 1- 2 hour my mouth always start smelling please suggest me some cure.
My teeth are bleeding often. I am 29 years old Man. I have been using colgate pro sensitive tooth paste. I brush my teeth twice a day and not habit any pan masala but drink occasionally. please suggest.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.
Hi I had one of my tooth filled today. After removing the tooth's decayed portion my dentist asked me to rinse. After that he straight away put the filling material in my teeth without drying my teeth. Isn't it necessary to dry the teeth before filling. Can this be a problem in future. Can decay occur under my filling.
I often feel pain in my tooth. And when I brush my teeth it is raining blood through tooth. What I have to do now?
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minutes I need to water. What should I do
I am 59 years mail suffering from gum pain and swelling on gums. Unable to eat hard food and spicy food. Pls. Advice medicine.
My teeth are very fragile and max teeth are broken at the gum like lining. Do I have chance to grow cist?
Iam male of 20yrs. I hav extra teeth in my upper jaw. I can't able to smile beczit lokks ugly while I smile pls solve my problem.
Sir or madam I have pyria disease because of that, coming bad breath from mouth there is any medicine to these to cure fastly. Please tell me.
It often happens that one or more tender areas inside your mouth make eating, drinking or talking painful. They might deprive you of a spicy meal or of the pleasure of drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Little sores (know more about the mouth sores) that come in the way of your otherwise content life are mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are white or yellow open sores with an itchy red ring around them. They can appear on your lips, at the base of gums, on the soft palate, at the sides of your tongue and in the hollows of your cheeks.
They are formed on non keratinized mouth tissues and can create a constant burning sensation. Ayurveda focuses to improve a person's health through a diet regime, the use of herbal compounds and through the implementation of health practices which are mostly unheard of. This traditional branch of medicine can prove to be very effective if tried out under the supervision of a reliable practitioner. It is because of its usefulness, governments of several countries across the world endorse researches in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
Take care of mouth ulcers in the following ways:
- Use a decoction of leaves: It is good to gargle with the liquor of a few kinds of leaves; certain leaves can relieve you of the burning sensation. Leaves of the guava tree or mehendi and aamla leaves can be boiled in combination with alum to extract a thick decoction. Washing your mouth repeatedly with this decoction will help you to treat ulcers.
- Remedy constipation: Constipation (know more, how to get relief from constipation) has been steadily associated with mouth ulcers. To remedy this problem one can take Triphala Choorna.
- Avoid anything piquant: Compromise on taste and turn away from hot and spicy food. Not having anything hot and peppery results in immediate relief. Tea, coffee, curd, pickles and even tobacco or alcohol should not be consumed during this period.
- Try Licorice: Chewing a piece of licorice can help you in getting rid of oral ulcers. Licorice is known to counter any kind of mouth decay. It also benefits the health of your teeth. When this is boiled in water, you can sip on to the resultant sweet drink and almost forget pain.
- Try Chebulic myrobalan: Chebulic myrobalan needs to be consumed in its powdered form. You can add honey to soften the powder. Use of this compound will surprise you with is effects.
- You may apply Irimedadi taila: Direct application of this oil on the ulcers can be of great use.
What is Tooth Enamel?
The hard substance that covers your teeth is called tooth enamel. Considered the hardest substance in the human body, it protects your teeth and the delicate nerves within from discomfort so you can eat all the cold or hot foods you want.
Tooth Enamel Damage
Despite being the hardest substance in the body, it does have weaknesses. Sugary and acidic foods top the list of weaknesses and can cause permanent enamel loss. Soda, a favorite beverage in this country is the number one cause of tooth enamel decay.
It creates tiny pits in the surface of the teeth that give access to the nerves inside. Plaque and bacteria buildup is another cause of enamel erosion, causing damage over time. As the enamel shell wears down, the teeth and root become sensitive to temperature and are at risk for decay.
Not only can teeth become sensitive, enamel erosion leaves teeth feeling rough. They also become weak and may chip or break easily. A yellowish tint may be present due to the exposure of the dentin layer just beneath the enamel.
Keep in mind that stomach acid can also contribute to tooth enamel loss - vomiting or acid reflux bring up strong acids that damage teeth rather quickly.
How to Protect Tooth Enamel from Damage
There are several ways to protect your teeth from enamel loss or prevent further damage from taking place. Avoiding or limiting the food and drink that leads to the breakdown of tooth enamel is key to keep thing teeth healthy. Avoid things such as soda, fruit juice, citrus fruits and candy, and brush your teeth immediately afterward if you do consume these foods.
Daily oral hygiene is also important to prevent the buildup of bacteria and plaque that eats away at tooth enamel over time. Brush after each meal and use a toothpaste that contains fluoride to help strengthen the enamel of the tooth.
If you take medications the cause the condition known as dry mouth, be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep the mouth hydrated. Your saliva helps wash away damaging bacteria and if your body isn't producing enough, it could lead to enamel erosion.
If you're concerned about the enamel layer on your teeth, the best course of action is to make an appointment with your dentist. Don't wait for the pain of enamel loss to occur before you seek help. Your dentist will be able to recommend a plan to address any damage that's already taken place and help you avoid future problems.