Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak NaikYour feedback matters!
Sir I have some normal problem I mean tooth pains regularly how solve this problem any toothpaste sir.
Teeth become yellowish even though care to clean is taken. How to get rid of this problem so as to have brivht teeth.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration as they trigger tooth-bathing saliva which helps in keeping the teeth whiter.
I have manoclusion class 2 division 2 in my teeth. My upper teeth is aligned forward while lower teeth are back so that there is gap between two. So I want to ask is it necessary to solve this issue (I don't feel any problem though but while I sleep I force my lower jaw to come forward so that my jaw looks rectangle). If yes what is the solution of this? Please help.
I am a teenager and have too many cavities. They just come up so easily. What to do. Please suggest a natural remedy or medication for this.
I have an digestion problems and weekly ulcer even though I have a normal hygienic food. What precautions should I take sir.
Doctor I have problem in wisdom tooth when I eating hard items that time only pain otherwise no pain what should I do take medicine are remove wisdom tooth. I don't like to remove why because don't have to much pain all the time. When I am eating time only I have pain so pls suggest what should I do pls reply as soon as possible.
Hii doctor I am akash and I feel the the pain in my teeth how can I solve it. please give me advised. I want to tell you when I feel the pain in my teth so I take the clove oil.
I have my yellow teeth and I am very afraid with this please tell me how to make this white and shining. I regular brushed my tooth 2 times in a day. please help me.
I have naturally yellow teeth and I tried bleaching but it didn't worked. I am thinking to get veneers but I am afraid that it will get off after sometime, is there any other way to get white teeth or is veneers helpful. What should I do?
Hello, I am 34 year old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to drink water. What should I do.?
I am 26 year old male. I am having a small black spot at the center of last teeth of both side and look like a germs in mouth. I don't have any problem yet with this. Should I have to take any treatment for this or let it be same as it is.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.