Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinaya KundapurYour feedback matters!
I have greenish teeth and some times I smoke. What type of medicines should I take for whiter teeth.
Hello sir, I've mouth ulcer and it occurs frequently, like once or twice in a month. So, please tell it's prevention as well as cure.
I'm 19 years old and I'm getting mouth wounds often and I've tried using zytee but still no effect. I'm having ulcer and it has been diagnosed I don't know if the mouth wound is due to ulcer.
I use salt with my toothpaste while brushing my teeth and now I can find very small gaps are been created between two teeth .plz help me out.
Hi, I am 32 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
One of my braces came off. It's the only metal that is supporting it. Is it okay if I wait for a month to fix it because I've my exams going on right now and it'd finish only after a month?
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
I am taking Guaiphenesin for 1 & half tbsp while going to bed, for my chestal cough. But my cough is still like it was before. I have Alex cough syrup. Phlegm are sticked to my oropharynx and they makes me soar throat, bitter taste in my mouth & bad breathe even after I have several cardamom or cloves Pla help.
I have tiny black dot on one of my tooth. Sometimes I feel mild sensation when chewing my food. I tried to brush it off but it would not go. Could this be cavity? Pls help.
Most of the toothpaste contain fluorine which is necessary to the teeth but at the same time it has some side effect so what can we do for that and which toothpaste is recommended by most of the dentist.
Sir, I am mahendra My gums very bad smell is coming To night Eat a chicken very bad smell is coming night and then pain full teeth So tell me original greet ment.
I have yellow color teeth from last one year. I am using Colgate tooth paste. I want to turn them white. Please help me to turn my teeth to white color.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.