Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar GYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. My son is 9 years old. His 2 milk teeth fell 1 years ago. And still not coming new teeth. What shd be the problem? Why it is taking so much time?
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen. Doctor give me lamox-dc, sengvital, flexon for three days. After taking these medicine I got relief, can I continue with this?
Whatever I am eat, I vomit it within hours but not the food but saliva only. Then isn't know for what But I as always sneeze and my foot is burning from inside without any rashes.
I have regular blisters in my mouth and they are sometimes very painful and it makes my concentration poor in studies.
There is a lump in my mouth in jaw joint which comes out 2 days ago and its pains when I touch my tongue to it and my mouth cheeks lips are swollen since last 2½ weeks. Let me clear I eat tobacco for 5-6 years but now I left but I was late and cheeks skin got thinner and in both cheeks lump type skin tissues built from very long time but I never experience any issue in my mouth except this one which I hv written in beginning. What is this sir please clear and my question is. If it is beginning of cancer can I survive?
Sir I Am having gum bleeding from many days and gums are also swelling and now am also having bad breath. So how to stop these thing.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.