Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay K K
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay K KYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my backbone and I cannot do any work so can you please give me some medicine to cure thisvpaon.
Sir my wife is 23 years old, she gave birth to baby on 21 years of her age that is also operation she gave birth, her right leg today night was paining like anything she couldn't walk also and the nerves like it was catching, why it is happening like this Sir! Please give me suggestion what can be done for this. What is happening like this.
Hello sir I'm feeling pain in the back of my head both left and right side. Sometimes it's totally gone but sometimes it is very sharp pain which remains for 5 to 6 seconds. I hope you will give me satisfactory answer. Thank You.
I'm 27 years old and I injured myself 7 years back in a football game. Now I have chronic ACL tear in both my knees, sometimes my knee slips but I reposition it myself. Now my Mir report confirms I have early osteoarthritis. Is there Any permanent solution for this? If yes, then will I be able to continue my game after treatment?
I am having severe knee pain. It reduces if I wear knee caps otherwise it pains a lot. Could you please tell me the possible cause of this and the treatment.
Hi I am frm pune. I an suffering from lower back pain since two week and now the pain has started radiating to my calves. It is realy painful. Please help! Suggest any good doctors near me.
Sir, My question is that some time I feel shoulder pain (right hand) day or night. How can I solve this shoulder pain. Pl.suggest some Homeopathy medicines, Yours faithfully (Arun Kr. Dutta)
Disorders that affect the knee like severe arthritis or trauma do not allow you to utilize the full range of motion of your knees. Since you use your affected knees very sparsely, they become stiff and this condition persists even after you have undergone a knee replacement surgery. You can, however, get back the normal range of motion of a healthy knee by doing the following exercises post knee replacement surgery.
- Take a stroll around the house after surgery: Walking helps your knees get back to normalcy. Initially, you need to walk using the support of crutches or canes as instructed by your therapist. Make sure that your heels and toes are perfectly aligned while you walk. Walk for 20 minutes at least twice at the initial stage and increase your pace gradually, so that, eventually you can walk freely without any support.
- Exercises to reduce swelling: Your legs or foot can become inflamed after the operation. This is not an uncommon sight. In order to reduce swelling, you need to lie flat and rest your legs on a stack of pillows, one at a time. While your leg is elevated you can apply a cold compress at the surgical site.
- Pumping exercises: Swelling will be ameliorated and your knees will be revived if you perform ankle pumps and circles. Ankle pumps are done by holding your foot and bending them up and down, whereas, circles are done by moving your feet in a clockwise and an anticlockwise direction. Both these exercises strengthen the knee muscles and reduce swelling.
- Stretching exercises: There are two very effective methods of stretching that you can perform by sitting on a chair. The first exercise involves the placing of your leg on a chair opposite to the one you are sitting on. Put pressure on your knee till you can feel a light stretch at the back of your knee. The second exercise is performed by sitting straight on a chair with the feet touching the ground. You need to push your feet outward and inward as far as possible. These exercises reactivate the motion of the knees.
- Lying kicks: This is an advanced exercise that one must perform post knee replacement surgery after some warm-up exercises like walking, ankle pumps and stretching. You need to lie flat on a mat with a blanket rolled under your knee. Now slowly raise your leg, hands-free, or using your hands. Keep the leg elevated for at least five seconds before bringing it down slowly on the blanket.
Strictly perform these routines regularly and you will start walking in no time following the knee replacement surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!