Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hi my friend have ulcer problem with stage 2 and he unable to recover from after taking proper precautions but still no progress. So any advice from your side. Please send your suggestion?
I am 25 years old. I have gap between my front teeth. It is due to the oversized labial frenum. Please let me know if there is any treatment to close the gap and how many days it takes and how much it may cost. Thanks in advance.
I am 30 years old male working in abroad country my problem is when I do brush in bathroom at morning time vomit comes and sometime I feel vomit in daily basis and spitting around on my work site before Enter the office I take toffee then enter and some time water come in my tong like test of vomit then I can not bear and result vomit I do control by toffee but how many time pls advise me what should I do.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.
My gums are weak. And I get blood very easily from teeth. please help. Me not able to bite anything from front teeth. Whenever I do so blood starts coming.
Dentist - Dr. I heard there is a technology thru wish a tooth can be screwed into the gums instead of using a bridge. Can you plz let me know where could I get it done in Chennai and what is it called in medical terminology ?
I just removed my tooth as suggested by dentist. Now I am planning go for a removable tooth for some months. Afterwards I will implant a tooth. Is it safe and how much it costs. Is this possible to use removable tooth for some months and then implant a tooth.
What are affects of chewing paan masala on body without tobacco on it? Is there any serious causes ?
What is Pyorrhea?
Pyorrhea, also known as periodontitis, is inflammation and destruction of the tissues and bone surrounding the teeth. Periodontitis mainly begins with gingivitis. Gingivitis refers to inflammation of gums as a result of plaque formation due to poor oral hygiene. Gingivitis, when left untreated, leads to periodontitis. Gingivitis is a milder form of the disease and in gingivitis, no irreversible changes take place. However, persistent gingivitis leads to formation of deep pockets between the gums and teeth. These pockets get filled with plaque and bacteria over time and start to damage the tissue and bone surrounding and supporting the teeth. Eventually, the teeth lose their grip and fall off.
Symptoms of Pyorrhea:
Symptoms of pyorrhea include swollen gums, pain and tenderness of gums, red/purple gums, bleeding gums, spitting of blood after brushing, bad breath, metallic taste in the mouth, receding gums and loose teeth in sockets.
Treating Gum Disease With Homeopathy:
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat gum disease but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat gum disease that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of gum disease:
Merc Sol: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for pyorrhea. It is used when symptoms such as swollen, bleeding, and tender gums are experienced. The gums are likely to turn bluish red. A metallic taste in the mouth and foul breath are also indicated. An increase in saliva is another likely symptom, along with loosening of teeth in the sockets.
Carbo Veg: This homeopathic medicine is used for treating pyorrhea, especially in cases where there is gum bleeding after cleaning the teeth. The gums are receding and become blackish in color. Toothache is also experienced, which worsens when you chew food. A sour, bitter taste may be felt in the mouth.
Kreosotum: This medicine is effective for treating teeth and its surrounding structures in case of pyorrhea. It is ideal for use when symptoms such as puffy, bluish gums, and foul odor from the mouth are observed. Bleeding of dark blood is also indicated. Teeth may become decayed or turn dark and crumbly. Kreosotum is beneficial in treating such symptoms associated with pyorrhea.
Phosphorus: This is another important homeopathic medicine used for the treatment of pyorrhea. It is useful in cases of pyorrhea when gum bleeding occurs easily. It is an effective anti-hemorrhagic medicine. Gum pain and soreness are also likely in such cases. The pain worsens by both heat and cold. Pain in the teeth may also occur along with gum pain.
Lachesis: This medicine is used for curing pyorrhea when there is a swelling of the cheeks along with other symptoms. The gums become dark purple in color and swell up immensely. Burning along with a coppery taste in the mouth is also experienced, which is a unique symptom. The tooth pain is likely to extend into the ears.
There are homeopathic medicines meant for curing pyorrhea occurring from various factors, with different symptoms. However, it is important for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any of these medicines. This is because homeopathy does not work the same for all people, in spite of similar symptoms, and only a licensed doctor will know about the best medicine that will suit your purpose.