Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. VinayYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. My face is cute but my hair is so rough and this makes me looking odd. Please suggest me how can I get relief.
I want to loose my weight but finding difficulty. Plzzz suggest me something as my periods never on time.
Hi I'm JAGADEESH I'm 20 years old but the problem is many pimples on my face plzz give me a solution.
Sir, I could not understand the remedies suggested by you for controlling Diabetes. Pl mention again. Also, kindly provide remedy for preventing diabetes for my 18 years old daughter. Her Hba1c was 6 and PP was 123.
Seldom you will come across a person who is satisfied with their body weight. While some people try everything under the sun to lose the extra and unwanted kilos, other pray for some healthy weight gain. There can be a plethora of factors responsible for the weight gain (unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, overeating, or medical condition such as Hypothyroidism) and the weight loss (chronic illness, depression, parasitic or viral infections, to name a few). However, leaving the condition attended for too long will further complicate things.
Ayurveda for effective weight loss
- As per Ayurveda, one of the underlying factors that result in excess body weight or obesity is an elevation of the Kapha Dosha and vice versa (obesity can also trigger a vitiation or an increase in the Kapha in the body).
- Thus, to treat obesity and to facilitate a healthy weight loss, it is necessary to balance and pacify the Kapha.
- Yoga and exercise, without any doubt, contribute significantly to the weight loss.
- Be it the Surya Namaskar or Anulom Vilom, the yogas or pranayamas are powerful and helps to relax and calm the body (physical as well as mental). It also contributes significantly towards the detoxification process to ensure the body is free of the harmful Ama.
- According to Ayurveda, the digestive capacity of the body is the most powerful in the period between 11am-2pm. Thus, Ayurveda suggests that the lunch should be your main meal
- The dinner, on the other hand, should be light and preferably between 6pm-7pm.
- Munching on snacks in between should, however, be avoided.
- The diet should help to pacify the Kapha. Opt for light and warm foods.
- Enrich the diet with foods such as asparagus, onion, carrots, celery, broccoli, spinach, winter squash, wheat bran, rice, quinoa, apples, pomegranate, cherry, berries, pears, figs, to name a few.
- Keep the body hydrated and maintain a healthy sleep cycle.
Ayurveda for weight gain
- Severe weight loss (underweight) is triggered by disorders that affect the Vata Dosha.
- Pacifying the Vata Dosha can work wonders for a healthy weight gain.
- The Ayurvedic approach includes switching over to a Vata pacifying diet along with exercise, yoga, meditation, healthy lifestyle practices, and a body detoxification.
- If you want to gain weight, proper rest, a sound sleep (6-8 hours daily) and minimizing the physical, mental and emotional stress are a must.
- A 15 minutes yoga, especially the Nadi Shodhana is known to have a soothing effect on the Vata Dosha. Practice the yoga daily without fail.
- 3 meals a day is also recommended for weight gain.
- The diet should contain ghee and a variety of oils (olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil).
- Warm, smooth, and oily foods are highly beneficial. Include berries, avocados, pistachios, dates, peach, banana, apples, beets, avocados, garlic, cilantro, pumpkin, onion, and carrots (cooked), wheat, rice, quinoa, oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, cheese, butter, buttermilk, yogurt, eggs, fish (salmon, tuna, sardines), meat (chicken, turkey, duck, beef).
- Ayurveda suggests that the body should be well hydrated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!