Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vimala SampathkumarYour feedback matters!
My child is only 5 month age. Some issue on his head like dandruff. Please help me. I lived in delhi.
Hi doctor my baby is 10 month old she has a fever cold and cough 102 F doctor prescribed delcon syrup 2.5ml 3 times, ambrodil syrup 2ml 3 times and advent 2.5 ml 2 times then yesterday we again went to him as the fever was not in control so he gave lariago syrup 10ml one time at night for two days and third day 5 ml then stop he said. Im worried to give my baby 10 ml plzz suggest me what to do.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
Our kid one year five month old boy might have bug or worm in his stomach because we watched him scratching his butt and always putting his hand in stomach. And he has fever around 103.2 f. Kindly advise.
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it daily. Is there any way to get rid of that. I am loosing my weight. How to overcome this problem.
She gave birth to the girl child on 8 September 2016. But still access milk in her breast. And pain in her breast due to node.
My 7 month baby suffering from cold and nose block. Now that time m give her wikoryl AF and Atarax. 0.5 ml three time in a day. Is it ok for cold? please suggest for best medicine for her.
Sir, I have 4 1/2 month baby, his birth wt was 3kg. Last month his wt was 6. 1 kg. But now he weighs only abt 6. 5. I prefer only breast milk my doctor prescribe him to improve his wt by giving first foods wheat. Can I continue with I need a second opinion for it
I have 45 days baby ,after feeding she vomit after 5 to 10 min and its contain. I want to know its a common problem or need to see doctor please advice.
My daughter born on 02 August 2016, preterm, 36 w 6 days, 1.92 kg. We are bottle feeding her expressed milk since she wouldn't direct breastfeed. After 15 days, we gave her 1 feed of formula after which she threw up after 2-3 hrs. Since then she vomited 2-3 times continuously. And at 4th feed, she was hungry like anything but refused to take feed by bottle or spoon. She spit milk from her throat and does not swallow. Before this issue, she used to take expressed milk by bottle and had hiccups after feeds. She also seems to have some issue with her throat and has difficulty swallowing. We have given her formula feed one more time after that, and have observed that her reflux problem aggravates after feeding formula. But during her time in hospital she was only fed on formula for 3 days, and seemed to have no issues. After discharge from hospital, at home she was fed expressed milk and seemed to be fine till 15th day apart from minor gas issues. She has also become more finicky due to this ongoing issue and opens her mouth as if wants to vomit frequently. Also she takes less milk feed than usual when has more problem as if she has some issue in her throat and stomach. She also seems to have certain kind of irritation in her throat as her sound is becoming more harsh.
My baby girl is 7 mnths old. She is having rashes kind of on her chin and around the mouth. Its been spreading to her face and back too. May I know what is the problem and treatment for it? kindly help on it please.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
I have 33 week old, Girl child. Her weight is 8 kg. Today she was given a OPV -2 vaccine at the age of 32 week which actually should be given after 36 week, i. E. 4 weeks earlier. Now, from the very next day she is suffering from fever. Earlier it was a mild fever but now the fever is around 101. I am Scared please guide me.
My son 4 yrs old he have Scrotum (ball) only 1 instead of 2 near urine place. So please give well advise & also Dr. In idea to resume his problem.
My second son is now 1 year and 9 months old. He was born 7 years after my first son. He is a preemie. 31 or 34 week gestation. He had IVH 4 and hydrocephalus. But now he is okay. To say, he is okay mentally. But he is not able to stand by himself or sit by himself. When we make him stand, he sometimes stands scissored. We have been to so many doctors and they have told that there are developmental delays. Please advise.
Chronic abdominal pain in children or recurrent abdominal pain is a multifactorial condition which may be the predominant clinical manifestation of a large number of NON ORGANIC DISORDERS, and rarely associated with ORGANIC DISEASE. The onset age is 4 to 6 years and ealy adolescence,with slight female predominance.
According to Rome Criteria.a symtom based diagnostic criteria,recurrent abdominal pain can be divided into 5. FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS, FUNCTIONAL ABDOMINAL PAIN SYNDROME,IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,FUNCTINAL DYSPEPSIA and ABDOMINAL MIGRAINE.
A successful treatment of FUNTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS may include modification of physical and psychological stress factors,medication and dietary manipulations.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA