Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VikranthYour feedback matters!
Hi. My name is Akanksha. I am 20 years old. My skin is oily. I have acne and many scars on my face. Please tell me how to get rid of them. I want my skin clean.
She has developed white patches on both the corner of her lips. This has also some scar at intervals. Please suggest some way out.
Actually I can't sleep properly so I have dark circle and fine lines please suggest something that reduce it and yes please suggest something of sun tan.
For last 5 -6 days blood coming out from rectum when I do latrine. A year back or so I faced the same problem but within 3-4 days that stopped. But for last few days again blood coming out. I have constipation problem. There is no extra mass around the anus. No irritation. No pain.
Hi my brother is suffering from Melasma (pigmentation), so please tell me which medicine I need to use.
Mera bike accident huaa tha 2012 me. Us accident ki wajah se mere face par 60 stitches ke marks hai. Jo abhi scar ban chuke hai. Or mujhe wo scar apne face se remove karna hai. Please help.
Hi, I'm 26 M. I want to become fair. So I applied cream, gold bleach . It has mentioned within 15 min, it's will glow. I applied 2 time, I didn't feel any changes. So kindly suggest, shall I continue or any other cream to glow very fast.
I am suffering from pimples on my face and even scars of pimple. Kindly give medicines to get rid of my scars on face.
I am 28 years old female. I have black or green dots on my neck and left hand near the fold for past 4 Months. I applied calamine lotion and zinc oxide but there is no change in it. Please help me get rid of this ASAP.
Have foreskin problem. Consulted three skin doctors. Now feferred to urologist for circumcision. I am 70 years. Is it safe. Am I have to be admitted. How much time it will take to be normal. Is it covered under insurance
Hi I'm a male or boy my skin mostly face has become oily and sweaty and dirty and even pimples and rashes and dark spots has become on my face type like due to eating non-veg food and outside food ,oily and spicy food please help me please what to do what should I eat or should I stop eating non veg and tell me what should I eat what type of food and all please Me please help me plz.
I am having skin allergies on my right arm and on my right side of face. Is there anything serious regarding this and how can be this cured.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.