Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VikranthYour feedback matters!
Hey after holi I got some black thing on my face. I think that my skin has burnt. I need your help please suggest me.
I am having sunburn Tanning at forehead and hands is a mazor issue I can't even wore half sleeves shirts Pls let me know any sunburn cream any moisturiser body tanning cream. Thanks a lot.
2. Skin folds or creases (groin, underarms, abdominal folds) need to be kept clean and dry. Increased moisture and warmth in these areas may act as a good environment for microbial proliferation.
3. Wear cotton clothes in summers. One should preferably use a footwear with good aeration if frequently getting foot infections or use powder prior to wearing shocks and try to remove shoes and provide aeration to feet during recces time.
4. Skin rashes can not only be due to infections, but also be caused by allergy to footwear, cosmetics, tapes, soaps, fabrics, color leaching out of fabric, jeans buttons or sometimes due to irritant dermatitis on coming in contact with irritants like certain highly concentrated disinfectants, etc whole body rashes could result from food or drug allergies or viral exanthem (viral fevers). Consult a dermatologist to ascertain the type of rash and take proper treatment. Avoid self medication as it may complicate your condition. E. G. A rash of hepres zoster may be mistakenly treated by self medication and when it does not respond one reaches the doctor late when actually the treatment should have better results when started within 72 hours, and best if started within 24 hours. The risk of postherpetic neuralgia that is pain persisting after treatment for herpes zoster skin rash is higher when treatment not started early.
5. Use moisturizing creams or ointments for dry skin. Avoid alcohol based products over dry skin as it will cause further dryness.
6. For people with urinary and stool incontinence- use good diaper and change them frequently. Change diapers immediatley on soiling with stool. Urine and stools can irritate the skin and damage the skin barrier and cause breakdown of skin- red rashes, raw areas.
7. Avoid frequent use of excessive talc powders as they can" cake up" and keep moisture in and thus promote microbial growth in folds especially over neck fold of small children.
8. Use proper fitting footwear with soft soles to avoid hardening of skin at pressure points. Regularly use moisturizer over feet at bedtime to keep the feet soft and supple. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer at night would keep feet softer. For diabetics if they have neuropathy use plain tap water or lukewarm water should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm.
9. In old people with thick nails, its easier to cut the nails after soaking in water for 30 minutes.
Hello doctor I am Raj and my skin are very rough and I am very lazy man so you suggest me pls any medicine to give up my laziness so you suggest me any medical to leave my skin disies and level this problem and laziness.
Facial Melanosis is the effect of excessive Melanin and abnormal Melanocyte under the skin. This results in hyperpigmentation problem; which frequently changes from brown to black and is usually found on the cheek and brow areas of the face. Mostly occurring in females as compared to males, it is found in the age group of over 30 years. Pregnancy, sun exposure, stress, hormone treatments including contraceptive pills, certain medications, and some cosmetics are some of the factors triggering Facial Melanosis.
Treatments for Facial Melanosis:
Facial Melanosis treatment might be very slow to respond. Sometimes, it also leads to irritation in sensitive skin, thus resulting in post inflammatory pigmentation.
Usually, a combination of following measures is helpful:
- Discontinuation of hormonal contraception
- Lifelong, year-round sun protection with a high SPF sunscreen. Reapply it after every 2 hours in case you are outdoors during the summer. Along with this, wear a broad-brimmed hat.
- If applicable, choose cosmetics which have sunscreen.
- Use a mild cleanser and if your skin is dry, don’t forget to use a light moisturizer.
- Application of Anti-Melasma Cream – The main function of Anti-Melasma cream is to reduce the Melanin by interrupting Tyrosinase (enzyme containing copper found in animal and plant tissues which support the secretion of melanin) activity. The active elements in the cream which are intended for Anti-Melasma are Licorice Acid, Retinoic Acid, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
- Usage of Sun Protection Cream – You should look out for those sun protection creams with SPF factor above 15. Also, Sunscreen should be Para-Aminobenzoic Acid-Free (PABA-Free). The presence of Micronized Titanium Dioxide, which is an active element that works as UV-A and UV-B reflector, becomes an issue of importance while selecting the perfect sunscreen.
- Peeling – Superficial or the epidermis layer of your skin can be chemically peeled off and this must be done by a specilized dermatologist or under the supervision of a dermatologist.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.