Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I am preparing for state PCs but could not concentrate please suggest some memory booster my age is 28 I am male.
I'm 22 years old and I'm gaining lot of weight and I'm not getting sleep at nights and I have thyroid and I'm using medication thyronorm 100 MCG but still gaining weight and after taking 100mcg I'm suffering from lots of body pains can you suggest me what should I do even what should I take for getting my thyroid normal.
My hubby yesterday he had alcohol party yesterday with frnds. He vomited but colour was black. Black powder was there in the vomiting. He has smoking habit also. Can you tell me wat is the problem.
Hy sir or mam My question is about in my mind there is quite bad thing arise like of sex and something like that I can't concentrate on my work so. Please tell howto control this.
I am a 21 years old male, I don't know is it big issue or not, I am Suffering from some kind of anxiety, Being a male I always dreamed of Girls. And in future I want to married a cute girl. But some months ago I got a problem. I started to panic if I am becoming a homosexual (Gay). But I don't want to be a Gay or that kind of person. Normally I have watched many pron movies. And always aroused by those heterosexual pron movies. I never watched a Gay pron movie, And I never want to. I don't like that homosexual Community. And never want to be one of them. I have checked myself that I don't aroused by homosexuality, I only aroused by Heterosexuality. All these proves that I not a Gay, But some kind of thoughts always threatened me if I become Gay. I hate those thoughts, Sometimes I thinks I will kill myself if become a homosexual. I hate those Gay persons. I would have kill those persons if I am capable of killing them. I don't know why all these happening to me, I Loved a girl but She is not with me, 7 months ago she got married to a another person. I lost her, She was everything to me. I was very alone and depressed all the time, then an another girl came to my life. She helped me to forget her, She told me once she loved me, I started liking her and loved her, But she started ignoring me all the time. After these incident these studip irritating thoughts arise. I hate these thoughts, I don't want to be a homosexual (Gay). I hate them. I just want to be a simple happy man with a female life-partner. Please help me. Please.
I have been suffering from the symptoms of anxiety ie. Frequent heart palpitations, slight pain in left chest. My ecg n bp reports r normal. Medication is making me feel more panic and terribly drowsy. What shall I do now? How shall come out this panic attacks of anxiety without pills?
Hello It is about my mother. My mother is acting really strange from few months. She thinks that some body is spying on house or following .She talks to herself recollecting old memories (not good. Sometimes exaggerating which are not real .She thinks that the neighbours are here spying on each activity .Somebody broke into her house just to displace things .She blabbers to herself .Sometime very angry on somebody for no reason or laughing thinking about something. Please help me. What can it be?
I have a headache whenever I am stressed. This happens two days a week. Do you recommend for checkup? Please help me.
I am a regular smoker and from past one week I have stopped but the smoking urge or carvings is very much (because of this I smoke one or two in this week. Please advice me in this issue.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
Mobile addiction, uses mobile during study time, will be appearing Class XII board exams in March 17, father still believe that if I study can do miracle like class X board exam in 2013. Gets unmindful, disoriented,less concentration when studies.
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.