Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram KumarYour feedback matters!
My name is triveni I have knee pain I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
I have rt knee patila fractured in accident on 5/11/15. What homeopathic medicine should be taken. I am diabetic also with F- 118 &_PP-180.
My mother is suffering from knee pain since last 8 years as she met to an accident due to which she faces problem while walking and even she can't sit more that 1 hour fold her legs.
I am 21 years old, I am suffer from knee joint pain since from one year very hardly. Kindly suggest me the option to relieve from pain.
Vata resides in the colon and colon is therefore primarily responsible for all the vata disorders.
Vata imbalance in the skeletal system (asthi dhatu) causes osteoarthritis.
Vata imbalance with toxins (ama) causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Vata imbalance in blood (rakta dhatu) entering into bony tissue causes gout.
Massage with sesame oil to reduce the vata.
Digestion must be improved so that no further ama is produced. Fasting is very beneficial for digesting the ama. Duration of fasting depends upon the strength of the person, place and season.
Consume the foods which are easily digestible and do not make wind or gas.
Vegetable juices and juice of carrot, beetroot and cucumber mixed together is also beneficial.
Green salad, fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and papaya can be taken.
Use of cumin, coriander, ginger, asfoetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric is also helpful.
Avoid eating hot, spicy and fried foods, sweets, wind forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and potatoes should be prohibited.
Avoid taking too much tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa, excessive smoking.
Sleeping during day time, staying up late in the night and mental tensions like worry, anxiety, fear, stress and grief etc, should be given up.
My mother is suffering from knee pains. She is of 58 and is overweight (120 kg). The doctors advice for knee replacement. How many chances r there for successful knee replacement as she is overweight?
Is knee joint pain can be fully cured with any physical exercise or medicine? Please give me advice. I am nearly 64 years old and feeling mild pain in knee joints.
My father is 42 years old and he is suffering from sever inflammatory joint pain of knee, finger and wrist since last 3 yrs. Please help me sir. And suggests me some homeopathic medicine.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if the arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tends to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the pain increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time.