Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikash N JainYour feedback matters!
My 5 years old daughter is getting white marks on her neck and chest, earlier they were not that big but now they are growing, I consulted a local doctor he gave son antifungal medicine and vitamin tonic please suggest.
My baby is keeping her hand in her mouth full day Is there will be any problem for her in future Any solution for it She is 6 month old.
My 2 year baby suffering from fever since two weeks, amoxicilin. Ciprofloxacine did not worked. What could be the infection. Please reply. Blood urine stool did not showed any infection.
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
I am 29 yrs old mother or new born mera weight din pr din km hota ja rha h or m bht kmjor ho gyi hu or baby k liye thk se breastfeed krane k liye dudh nhi bn rha h. What should I du please help.
My daughter had diaper rashes at the age of 7 months. I had applied ointment candid b as prescribed by her doctor. Then it turned into white skin patches just like vitiligo. Is there any treatment for it.
My son having loose motion since 17 days (7 to 8 times. Doctor prescribed vibact dry syrup and said its viral diarrhea (milk allergy_mothers milk) but there is no sign of recovery. And baby is healthy and normal. Please give alternate syrup and how to overcome from this.
Hi , My daughter is 15 months old, she is 9.6 kgs wt, she is not at all eating anything . She even not drinking water. Pls suggest me what to do.
Hello. My son is only two years old with 10 kg weight he doesn't want to eat and he only pee twice in a day. So, please help me.
Is PCV vaccine similar to pneumococcal? My son have been injected three doses of pneumococcal at 2 1/2 M, 3 1/2 M.
My son 6 years old is not taking interest in food. Please recommend any kind of tonic and supplements.
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
My daughter is 10yrs old. She frequently gets urine infection. I have shown her to gynaecologist. She treated her but the problem repeats again and again. Why does this problem come in kids in such tender age?
My Kid is having teeth problem (swallow teeth due to bottle feeding but not know) I have consult the doctor near by they suggested the root canal for 5 yrs old kid is it ok to go for root canal into early age. Bcoz its only a milk teeth.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
So you've decided to straighten your teeth and get a great smile that too naturally but the road to a brilliant smile comes with a guide map and here are some of the key stops.
1. Keep them clean
While braces are a great tool that work on natural teeth with no side effects, caring for braces is extremely essential in order to ensure that you don't end up with any post orthodontic dental work.
Braces be it metal or ceramic tend to accumulate food and in turn cause cavities or stains. A lot of people suffer from post braces unnecessary treatments only because they couldn't keep them clean.
2. Know what foods to avoid
Wherever you are in your braces journey remember when you started you were warned about a bunch of things you have to stop eating and drinking. That memory maybe fading away but the truth is the dietary restrictions need to be followed atleast to a certain extent if you want the braces off on schedule.
Foods like pizzas, sticky candies or biting into anything from your front teeth is a strict no as it'll cause the front braces to come off and besides interrupting the treatment you may also end up hurting yourself.
Sodas should be avoided as they cause the braces glue to dissolve and they come off your teeth earlier than we would want.
3. Bracket breaks
The system of braces is basically individual brackets that are placed on your teeth to move them and a wire that engages all these brackets together.
A common occurrence with braces is the brackets come off or break if you're not careful. When this happens it's like a derailing a machine everything comes to a standstill and its very important to get this fixed at the earliest for the treatment to continue efficiently.
Bracket breakage can be prevented by maintaining dietary precautions, efficient brushing and avoiding trauma to the face.
4. Be on the lookout for pain or blisters
Although less common now there's an occasional chance of slight pain or ulceration after braces are placed in the mouth for the first time. Our body is getting used to a large foreign object and it may react by rejecting the areas that hurt and forming an ulcer which may last a few days and settle.
The pain sensation of tightness and tooth movement can be eased with a mild anti inflammatory or pain killer on the first appointment if need be.
5. Don't miss appointments
Missing your regular dental appointment is bad enough but your orthodontic (braces) appointment is the most important day of the month for you. Skipping or missing this appointment disrupts the schedule of tooth movement and you may delay an already prolonged treatment procedure.
So if you want that brilliant smile be as soon as possible follow the steps above and you will breeze through your orthodontics treatment without a snag!