Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikash N Jain
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikash N JainYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast but not always when I push it I feel pain I leave breast feeding from one year. Tell me is this symptom of breast cancer please tell me what am I do.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is having mother feed n do not want to discontinue. I want to know that till what age I can feed her.
My baby is 1 and half year old. But still not able to walk or stand without support. Her ca and vit d levels are normal.
My child has got sternomastoidtumor on his right neck. Can you pls suggest me how it get cure and he is just 25 days old we really are worried and what precautions should I take so it doesn't increase more.
After using drop wax for 3 years old daughter she is having itching and redness around ear. Please help.
My sisters double marker shows positive. Downs syndrome 1: 198 possibility. She is 29 years old. Doctors have told her to undergo CVS and amniocentesis tests. All other features of the foetus are normal. Please suggest if the baby would be normal or there is 50-50 chances of downs syndrome. Nobody else in the family has this. 2 months aho she had a spontaneous miscarriage plus she has hypothyroid which is normal now. She is now four months pregnant.
My 2 month old baby has phlegm and she isn't able to breathe freely and is vomiting her feeds sometimes. We consulted a pediatrician and she advised us to give her steam and use nasoclear. Are there any other suggestions to help relieve my baby? Can I apply some vapour rub on her chest? Any coconut oil?
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!