Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijaykumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, I have diagnosed diabetes before 3 month (FBS 270, PPBS 407, Hba1c 13) I take glycomet gp1 once daily. My recent test report is FBS 154, PP 194, Hba1c 8.3 These FBS and pp sugar level lowered within 15 days as I stated take medicine. But that sugar level not lowering since two months and constant at this level. I take control diet and do morning walk. Please advise.
I am having diabetes from past 12 years first I started taking insulin for 6 months later I started yoga and walking then I was not taking. Any medication for 2 years then due family problem I stopped both and started with euglocon 5 mg two times daily then almost for 7 years I was with the same medication. But 5 years back my father got expired and my sugar level also got increased and started with insulin now until last four months back my sugar under control I was taking I was taking insugen 50/50 morning 20 and night 16 units plus pioplus LD2 tablet 1-0-1 Since pioplus tablet got stopped manufacturing My doctor started with insuman comb 50 and three new tablets but still I am getting god control of my sugar.
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
– Sea food, meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH
Diets rich in soy and high fiber can interfere with levothyroxine absorption. Medications and supplements also can reduce absorption. These include:
aluminum hydroxide (present in some antacids)
Hi iam taking tab aznlix 2mf forte morning before meal and aznlix 1 mf forte evening before food from last 10 days. Today my sugar level is fasting 128 mg/dl and after food 190mg/dl. How I can do this level on normal sugar or this is normal level for diabetic patient. Kindly suggest.
I am diabetic and feel that the earth is moving or you may call it chakkar aana when I travel in lift in malls or climb any temple at height. Sometimes the situation is so pathetic that I have to come down fast and take deep breath till it becomes normal. Please help.
I have diabetes mellitus so which medicines should I take now and also I wanted to know the diet chart?
I m getting bald day by day last 3 months. After tsw test. My thyroid report is positive. What should I do.
Can I take raw Aloe vera? I am diabetic and high bp. Lots of Aloe vera plant at my home. Pse give me idea how I use it. I am taking raw Turmeric (1 piece) and Garlic (2 clove) every morning empty stomach. Thank you.
I am 25 years old and I'm suffering with hypo thyroid. Due to this I'm putting on my weight, also facing many other gynic issues.
I am 40 years. I am suffer with sugar last 6 years, my fbs 125 ppbs145 I take glycomet gp1. Suggest me for my diet.
I am 18 years old female. I have thyroid problem. Due to thyroid I have increase in weight and irregular menstrual problem. I want some home remedies to cure thyroid. Please tell me.
Is there any treatment for diabetic retinopathy and vitreous hemorrhage in Ayurveda. Pls tell m m very depressed by this. Don't wnt surgery.
Dear doctor I checked my thyroid kindly find the below result and suggest me. T3. 1.00 T4 5.85 TSH. 7.260 Please do the needful.
Insulin like supplementary drugs for hyperglycemia
Pramlintide (symlin) is a new type of injectable drug that can help control postprandial hyperglycemia, the sudden increase in blood sugar after a meal. Pramlintide is injected before meals and can help lower blood sugar levels in the 3 hours after meals. Pramlintide is used in addition to insulin for patients who take insulin regularly but still need better blood sugar control. The fda approved this drug in 2005 for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Pramlintide and insulin are the only two drugs approved for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Pramlintide is a synthetic form of amylin, a hormone that is related to insulin. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, and dizziness. Patients with type 1 diabetes have an increased risk of severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that may occur within 3 hours following a pramlintide injection. This drug should not be used if patients have trouble knowing when their blood sugar is low or have slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis).