Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayendra RYour feedback matters!
From yesterday onwards. My teeth is plain so much (at right side. At night pain is so increase. So what can I do with my pain. Give me answer for that.
My teeth is yellow and being black. Which truth pest I use and what I do then my teeth become complete white and shining.
Hello Dr. Mere niche k teeth sahi nahi h(aage peeche, uper neeche.) And my age 23 male. Me unhe Thik karna chahta hu. Mujhe kya karna padega.
I am 22 years old. My wisdom teeth is not growing properly. What should I do? Should I remove it at not. Please help me.
I have bad breath problem don't know what are the reasons. Is any connection between stomach and breath because some doctors says that you have gastric problem. Pls give me right answer. Thanks in advance.
I am a 51 years man. Suffering from piles since 7 years but last 1 and a half year I have no problem by taking desi upchar. I am taking Sat Isabella regularly for smooth clearance. Now I had a problem of cut marks on my tongue which is very itching while taking spicy food. Looking forward for your precious advice.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
Hi i am having Saliva (spit) forming in my mouth on its own self. Could you please give me a suggestion how to stop it?
I have lots of pain on my backside teeth and it leads to swelling also What can I do? Pls suggest me.
Using an appropriate tooth paste is very necessary for the health of our teeth. Tooth pastes which contain flouride help in keeping the teeth healthy by reducing the risk of tooth decay.
Today smile has become one of the most important of one's personality. Be it personal, or professional. There are so many people who come down to the dentist to get their teeth corrected either cosmetic which includes crowns (porcelain fused metal, metal free) or laminates, or veneers. Or orthodontic tooth movement which is done to move teeth naturally. These are of various types (metal, ceramic, lingual, or invagilin or clear braces. Which usually as per case takes one yr to 1.5 years to get into perfect alignment. For this one must visit the dentist to look for all the clinical details, which as a dentist would decide the time duration and type of braces one would want to go for. At times, there are difficult cases in which extraction may or may not be required, a monthly visit to the dentist. Mild pain during tooth movement. Before we start any treatment we take records in the form of model X-rays. (full mouth, lateral ceph, photographs as per case. All the above details are used to develop a customized treatment plan. This is commonly done by fixing braces to your teeth and using a thin guiding wire to straighten the irregular teeth. Various steps include
Leveling and aligning
Detailing and finishing
Dental braces care
Brush teeth regularly with paste you have to pay special attention to the brackets placed. Use an orthodontic brush, an interdental brush to remove all debris stuck between brackets.
Foods to avoid while wearing brackets
Chewing gum, sticky chewy food.
Hard foods like carrots, apple, nuts which might break brackets.
Lastly, dental retainers which need to be placed for 24 hours initially for a period of 3 months and after that only at night during sleep. Retailers have to be worn for a period of 6 months to one yr. If retainers not worn teeth might start moving back to original position (relapse) so please do as per dentist's recommendations.