Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Family Planning Procedure
Nutrition For Pregnant Women
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Normal Vaginal Delivery
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
My periods were delayed. Today is CD49. I had faint positive hpt. Done 2 beta hcg showing <0.1saying its negative. Consulted a doctor. Gave me cycloset dabur syrup. If I am pregnant will it effect the growth of the fetus?
This month 5th I got menses. Up to date it was two weeks. Within two weeks can think as pregnancy.Please tell.
Sir/madam , I am about 32 years old woman, I have 1 baby girl of 7 years old, I want a baby again after discussion my husband, my last monthly period started on 21 February and stops on 25 february 2015, We tried to pregnant from 1 March to 7 march 2015, Sir, in which date is best for pregnant? kindly help me.
Hlo Dr. I am 22 years old. I have done a sex on june 4 with my partner and after doing that I have periods after 15 to 16 days and again in july month I also had periods but utna flow nhi tha jitna june mein sex k 15 din baad hua tha. Aur ab august month hai aur mujhr periods abi aane hain agr aaye to may be 18 -19 tk aa jayeinge. But mujhe aisa lgta hai k main pregnant hu mera pet b thoda fulla sa lgta hai aur mujhe kuch solid sa b lgta hai aise jaise pet mein kuch aur hai b naabhi k aas paas hi aur aur lette tym pet ki shape change c ho jaati hai. Please Dr. mujhe btaiye k kya sach mein main pregnant hu ya ye mera veham hai. Please Dr. Suggest me something please.
I have 2 years old baby girl. Her vagina is closed. I want to know is it normal or not? Please advise.
Hi we had unprotected sex on my 2nd day of periods but its been 40 days I dnt got my periods so far. I had checked it on preganews in the morning but its negative with one line. I visited GYN at 6: 30 pm she checked n said there r lil bit of pregnancy visible. She asked me to have a ultrasound test.in the ultra sound it was not visible. What should I do?
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)
Recently diagnosed with pcos my doctor prescribed me metpcocare after consuming the tablet I get nausea and mouth watering so he changed to evacure but he also said metpcocare has better result. So I started consume with rantac d .just wanted to ask whether the medicine will be effective and after how many months it will give results for pregnancy.
- Ideal for weight loss!
It has only 33 calories in a cup of cooked cabbage, is low in fat and high in fiber. It is definitely a smart carb.
2. It is a brain food!
It is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function and concentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, improving your defense against Alzheimer's disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highest amount of these power nutrients.
3. High in sulfur, the beautifying mineral.
Cabbage helps dry up oily and acne skin. Internally sulfur is essential for keratin, a protein substance necessary for healthy hair, nails, and skin. Check out this Homemade Cabbage Face Mask
4. Help detoxify the body.
The high content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removes toxins (free radicals and uric acid). These are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
5. Has well-known cancer preventative compounds lupeol, sinigrin, and sulforaphane.
They stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors. A Study on women showed a reduction in breast cancer when cruciferous vegetables like cabbage were added to their diet.
6. Help keep blood pressure from getting high.
The high potassium content helps by opening up blood vessels, easing the flow of blood.