Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi A.Your feedback matters!
I am 63 year old male, under medication for Diabetic Type II for past 10 years. My sugar level Fasting is 172 & PP is 254. I am taking the following medicines incl. For cholesterol. Glycomet GP 2 Forte 1-0-1 Volibo 0.3 1-1-1 Pioz 7.5 0-1-0 Glycomet Tab 250 0-0-1 Ecosprin 75 0-1-0 Rosuvas 30 0-0-1 Rantac 150 0-0-1 I am going for a walk around 2-3 KM a day and no other work out. Kindly advise me to keep my sugar level under control.
What are the main reasons to effect kidney for a normal persons, if there is any treatment for restoring without dialysis.
Whenever I get up in morning, I start sneezing for 5 min and it comes constantly everyday, this cause me headache and it doesn't ruin my day. Please suggest some solution!
My testosterone level is low (6.84). Whether it affects the sperm count and motility? How can improve testosterone level. We are planning for baby. Please help.
After sex with my partner 1stly the sperms come out very first but in 2nd time would not come. My sex machine would not down .is there any problem .kindly inform me sir.
What specific treatment (medications/ supplements, any other?) has been effective in treatment of PCOS for a child in age group 10-16 ? Regular exercise, Balanced controlled diet stress management is all tried but does not solve the problem of irregular menstrual cycle, back acne, hair growth.
I have stomach ache and loose motion for last 3 days and now its continuing and unable to bear it. Please tell some help.
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.