Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayakumar G BYour feedback matters!
I have lower abdomen muscle strain stress and pain for five years due to wrong exercise in gym. I had ultrasound mri scan but nothing found. Please give me advice.
I feel as if gas is inside the stomach but it doesn't pass. Hence, causes discomfort all through stomach till upper part of chest. Happens even early morning, all day. It eases for a while after eating something but comes back. Sleeping at night is interrupted too. Also, I don't feel completely relieved after passing stool in the morning. I have to go 2-3 times a day, at least try to, to be able to relieve myself.
If I eat any thing it will not digest so I have some gas problem from 8 months so, Please give me give me a solution.
I am software employee, due to work schedules, I'm unable to maintain my diet schedules. Now I'm getting stomach ace. I use medicines rarely. So please suggest me some other means.
Pimples are coming on hairy part which is above to my penis. Could you please suggest what action I need to take care to prevent this.
My 6 years old daughter had sustained burns on her both lower legs about 20 days back which are almost cured now. Can you suggest any medicine to get rid of her burn marks?
I have a problem with my penis. If its erected I can't able to pull out of my penis from skin. I have pain while doing so. Please help me with that.
I am 27 year old when I masturbate I get erection for at least 1 hour my penis get hard and long. But when I used to have sex with my girlfriend my erection do not last more than 3-4 min and also I have to shake it to get erection. Is this normal or erectile dysfunction? Plzz suggest.
Please tell me to control diabetes without taking tabs ie controlling by diet,please give the diet chart, thanks.
Hlo m suffering from typhoid from last 8 months Take ng medicine but there is no improvement What should I do.
I am 21 years old male. My have one problem is gastric in my life form two years. I used many medicine but these didn't work. Now a days I eating one capsule in a week (omizol. It is right? What should I do?
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.