Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayakumar A R
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayakumar A RYour feedback matters!
I am having a severe cough. Even at I was unable to sleep. My eyes are soo paining and I can't take any food since my neck is paining and my ears are so irritating me.
Is LASIK Surgery safe in the long term? Have heard that it has negative effects as a person goes above 40.
What is thyroid? How does it cause? What is the solution of it? How eyes cause red and what is the solution of it? How can we keep our health very nice?
I am 30 years I have slight pain at right side of the brain from past 1 and a half month. Pain is not continuous. I was using toric contact lenses. Do I have any serious problem?
I am suffering from eye defect. Power of my eye is - 3.75. What is the solution for me. Wearing specs is irritate me. So give me a solution for that. Please laser operation will help me? How much of cost for that operation. I am an engineering student at anna University. So, please me a solution.
I am 25 years old and I have serious eye floaters on my eye. Even though shown to many doctors I found ni solution please make my problem solved.
Hi I am 29 years old male. I read books with out Speckles. But have to use glasses in public or in my office. Because I can't recognize my colleagues now. In the evening I can't move outside because it seems darkness every where even though there are street lights. I was normal 3 years ago. And had never used Spackle before. I shall be very thankful please suggest me any possible solutions. (I often use laptop even for preparing my lectures Have consulted all the famous Dr. ) Regards.
I have red eyes over 7 days. What should I do for perfect treatment of my eyes for filling soo rest full.
I have red eyes last 2 years and this time is very painful but not a regular only in summer session please help me what I do.
Pain in medial upper border of orbit on both sides radiating to the frontal area. With irritation of eyes in the night.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.