Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am 19 years old, I have on and off fever. I used dolo 650, still the fever isn't going off! what should I do?
I am diabetic for 10 yrs and also high BP. Now I am suffering from erectile dysfunction, pls advice what to do?
I am 62 years old and diabetic since last three years. Though my sugar level is controlled, I am having itching problems in both of my legs between knee and ankle. Skin has become somewhat blackish and at some places whitish. Please advise me the course of remedy for the same.
I am 39 year old suffering from uric acid problem from last five years. Iam taking fabuxtat 40 two times a day but suffering from pain. Please give me diet chart for the same to cure this problem.
I need a diet chart in detail particularly, at least for a month, and in addition to diabetes he has high bp i.e. 140/90, little colester etc, gastric problem too. Please advice what should i do to cure?
My father' s Serum TSH result is 14. 10 micro IU/ml. What does it mean? And is it normal? The check up has been made in the evening.
I have hypothyroidism with high LDL cholesterol. Can exercise help me reduce LDL cholesterol - if yes how much & what type of exercise? Is there any cure for hypothyroidism?
He is a diabetic patient. He. Is 45 years. And we know ten day ago he is a fatty liver patient. So this incident is very worry issue for us. So how can we reduce this problem.
I am 45 years old. I was tested positive in diabetese. The level was 145 before meal and 309 after meal. I took the medicine after consulting doctor and after 20 days the sugar level came down to 64 and 120 respectively. Is it normal?
A dosage of 200 mcg per day has been found to reduce thyroid antibodies in clinical trials, Selenium cut the antibodies in half within three months....Curious about the science behind it? Read on
Selenium plays a very important role in Thyroid function:
1.Helps to convert the inactive T4 to the biologically active T3
2.Protecting Thyroid cells from oxidative damage .
Selenium deficiency, causes more antibodies to produce resulting in the failure to recognize self from non-self. This is how autoimmunity develops. Thus, selenium deficiency has also been recognized as a risk factor for Hashimoto’s.
Selenium deficiency may also occur in abdominal disease such as celiac disease and other inflammatory bowel disorders due to the malabsorption from damage to the small intestine and Crohn’s disease or surgical removal of the stomach.
Studies have proposed that supplemental selenium could alleviate toxic effect of excessive iodine intake on the thyroid.
Selenium intake protects against Thyroid Autoimmunity by acting as an Antioxidant, and preventing autoimmunity. Furthermore, ultrasounds of the thyroid following selenium supplementation showed reduced lesions in the thyroid gland.
While the RDA of selenium is 200 mcg daily, for TPO antibody reduction,.
Dr.Tanvi recommends taking the pure encapsulations brand of selenium on an empty stomach with vitamin E, which works in synergy with selenium, to ensure proper absorption. (Please note, many Vitamin E brands are made from soy oil, which can be detrimental to thyroid health, so use the one which is derived from sunflower oil ).
While it may be tempting to increase selenium intake by increasing consumption of selenium-rich foods such as Brazil nuts, it is important to realize that over consumption can lead selenium toxicity. Symptoms include GI disturbances, hair loss, changes in hair and nails, peripheral neuropathy, fatigue, irritability, garlic-smelling breath, and a jaundice-like yellow tint to the skin.
Can we cure diabetes permanently, present we do only supplication is there any way. Suggest medication of diabetes.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.