Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya SarathiYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries, often in multiples, which are very common in women. This is absolutely different condition from polycystic ovaries. Most of them are benign and not indicative of an underlying problem. They produce no specific symptoms and even if detected, can be watched over a period of time. Treatment may be required only if there are serious symptoms or there is higher possibility of cancerous nature of the cyst. Read on to know more.
- Functional: There are two types in this. The follicular variety is when the egg that is ready for fertilization does not completely shrink and stays for a few more days before it disappears. Another variety, the luteal ovarian cysts are formed when after the release of the egg, there is blood filling up in the corpus luteum.
- Pathological: There are many types here – dermoid, cystadenomas, endometriomas, cancerous cystadenocarcinomas etc. These are worrisome and need to be treated. Both varieties, once identified, should be monitored. The functional variety, though may not cause a problem, can cause infertility and so necessitate treatment.
Any ovarian follicle larger than 2 cm can be called as an ovarian cyst. They are usually benign and do not produce any symptoms. However, if they turn pathologic or grow in size, they can cause various symptoms such as:
- Irregular menstruation
- Heavy bleeding
- Intermittent spotting
- Painful and/or frequent urination
- Severe, recurrent abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or loose motions
- Nausea, sudden vomiting
- Fever, dizziness, and weakness
While cysts are often quiet and do not produce any symptoms, they can cause intermittent, nonspecific symptoms like above. If there is a family history of ovarian cancers in mothers, maternal aunt, Sisters, Grandmothers etc then women should have regular Gynaecological checkups to have a check done for ovarian cysts.
Why go for laparoscopic surgery?
- Laparoscopic surgery is considered to be one of the most effective ways of treating the condition of ovarian cysts. During the surgery, problem causing non-cancerous cyst can be removed without harming the ovaries. In the case of cancer, both ovaries along with uterus etc may have to be removed. This decision is taken by the operating surgeon depending upon age of the patient, characteristics and nature of the cyst and future fertility desires of the patient.
- The patient is given general anesthesia during the surgery. After the surgery, one is suggested to rest for a day and may be permitted to return to normal activities within a day’s time. However, one needs to avoid any strenuous activity for almost a week.
- While some cysts can be watched for years, others need treatment. This would be specifically true in cases where the couple is facing infertility issues or if there is a higher possibility of cancerous cysts. Such cysts need urgent intervention and should be monitored by a gynecologist with an experience in oncology. There are few blood tests that are needed to be done to know the nature of the cyst if it is benign or cancerous.
I am 76 yearsold. I have the following difficulties in my body..Pl.examine them and suggest me Homeopathic medicine/s. 1. I am hypo-Thyroidic --under 150 mcg.Thyroxine Allopathic tabs. daily 2. B.P. is undercontrol with Allopathic drugs like 1.Losonorm 25, Cilinidipine 10mg., Ecoprine 75, Copidogral 75 and Atorwistin 10 mg. 3. Missing Beats of the heart, Irregular heart beat, weak heart beat. --Using Homeo- Digitalis mother tincture --thrice daily, 20 drops in 1/4 th cup of water. 4. Knee pains, both legs,morein right together with backpain (L4, and L5) and in right hip.
I am 60 years old woman. I have gotten Arogyam 1.3 blood Tests. Reports shows following highlights: Test Reading Range HBA1c 6.1 below 6 Average blood Glucose 128 90 -120 eosinophil 8.1 0-6 MONICYTES (Absolute counts) 0.17 0.2 -1 basophil (------'---do----------)0.01 0.02-0.1 Total RBC 4.98 3.9 - 4.8 Mean Corp. Hemo Conc (MCHC) 30 31.5 - 34.5 Red Cell Distribution -width (RDW -SD) 51.2 39 -46 Red Cell distribution (RDW - CV) 15.2 11.6 - 14 EST. GLOMERULAR filtration Rate (eGFR) 76 Mild Decrease creatine Serum 0.84 0.5 - 0.8 Uric Acid 7.3 2.6 - 6 Calcium 8.76 8.8 - 10.6 Total cholesterol 229 15- 200 LDL cholesterol 138 85-130 Non HDL cholesterol 180.7 <160 Testosterone 89.2 14-76 Vitamin B -12 165 211 - 911 Pl advise me the problems with my health indicators. Which Specialist Doctor we should consult in adhere West, Mumbai 400053. Thanks. Ms. Renu Suri.
I am diabetic since 15 years. I am suggested to take glimepiride 2 my with 1000 my metformin, at breakfast. At lunch linagliptin 20 .mg At dinner sitagliptin 50 mg with metformin 1000 mg. Is it correct to take both gluttons. please suggest.
I gastritis and sugar, pressure patient and also heart side pain .sugar 180 ppbs and pressure 140/80. My daily problem is gas it fill in stomach within 5 minutes and then my heart tight and also back pain, and half hand pain ,then my pressure up 150 and I am worried go to hospital doctor give pantropzole and lesuride injection then I relax. This problem week 3 times. Number of doctor's like gastroenterologist ,Md visited but I suffer from that. 2 d eco, ecg,endoscopy done but nothing comes on. Some doctor's say anxiety and suffer from panic attacks. But I still not relax so let me guide whom I consult and which type of medical examination?
Type 2: This is generally due to hereditary cause. The pancreas produces insulin but it is not sufficient for the body. It is common for patients with this type of Disease to the overweight
Drugs , Pregnancy can also cause diabetes , which can temporary in nature , diabetes seen during pregnancy is called as Gestational Diabetes.