Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya Rao
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya RaoYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from fever for thee days and pain in eyes I take combiflam but not relief please sr advise me.
I used to get to suffer from cold very often since I was 10. It's like whenever it catches me, my eyes too suffer, a kind of itchiness or burning in the eyes, and in my nose it feels like the bulgum is always liquid like water. I consulted with EnT doctors they told me it's allergy & told me if it's not handle, it could be asthma too & gave me some medications and a nasal spray called" nazomac f" but it didn't help me much in relief. Those cold attacks were very often in the winter but as nowadays are summer I am not caught up with cold but yes I still suffer from that eye problem, that burning feel still affect me, sometimes much some times less but it's there. I just want cure for the eyes & proper treatment for my problem. Please help me.
I am 25 years old and I have eye problem at the time of study. What can I do to relief in pain of my eyes.
Hello sir I have right eyes pain and tears problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor my self Kalpana Kumari I am 35 year old married women.
Hi doctor's, I specs with +1 no. How can I reduce it to normal level? Tell me some Remedies for come to normal state.
My friend has a lazy eye syndrome in left eye. He is 32 years old. Can it be reversed by any surgery or otherwise?
I have one eye brown nd another one is black past three days. What is dis? Am I having some kind of flu?
I am 20 years old student. There was so many pimples had on my face but now it appears little bit. Due to having pimples, it has given me the small hole somewhere. My head is totally clean but both of the face side are affected by these holes. Cause of this, I shy in front of anyone. Help me.
I am using specs for short distance sight and value of looking lens are -1.5. When there is cloud during day time, I feel heaviness while doing walk. I tested my eyes and doctor has prescribed Genteal Drop but no improvement. Please advise.
The eyes are very delicate and highly vulnerable to injuries from outside environment. Eye care is very important, as some eye problems can lead to complete loss of vision. Ayurveda believes that optimal eye health is a balance between the tridoshas namely, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. An imbalance between these three can lead to eye diseases, triggered by the following:
- Prolonged straining of the eyes
- Daytime sleeping and prolonged nighttime awakening
- Exposure to environmental pollutants and dust
- Head injuries
- A cold water bath after extreme stressful exercise or being in the hot weather
Some of the common eye problems include:
- Dry eyes
- Dark circles
- Tired eyes
- Eye infections
Dry eyes: Though there is no constant flow of tears, the eyes are always covered by a thin layer of tears which covers the eyes. These reduces irritation, lubricates the eyes, and keeps it free of dirt. Reduced amounts of tears can lead to eye irritation and increased chances of infection.
- Two spoons of triphala powder can be added to water, boiled, and once cool, honey can be added before consuming it. This can be consumed on a daily basis to improve eye health.
- Castor leaves can be boiled in water, and once cooled, a cotton ball can be dipped in this and then applied on the eyes.
Tired eyes: Prolonged straining, allergies, fatigue, and reduced oxygen supply to the eyes can cause tired eyes.
- Try washing the eyes with plain water as much as possible
- Try yoga asanas which will improve the blood flow to the eyes (standing on the head, for instance)
- Freshly cut slice of cucumber can be placed on the eyes
- Cotton dipped in rose water can be used on the eyes to provide a soothing effect
- Rest the eyes well by providing 7 to 8 hours of rest
Dark circles: Caused by sun exposure, age, allergies, lack of sleep, hereditary, fatigue, asthma, etc.
- Avoid use of bleach as they do not help in removing dark circles
- Include a well-balanced diet
- Use a light moisturiser and use light motion to improve the blood circulation
- Avoid scratching under the eye region
- Remove the cause of allergies, fatigue, etc.
Pink eye: Most common infection caused by viruses, bacteria, dust, or pollen.
- Avoid repeatedly touching the eyes with hands
- Frequently wash hands with plain water
- Avoid sharing eye cosmetics with others
- Frequently change pillow covers and wash them in warm water with salt or soda
- Learn to take care of contact lenses.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!