Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayaYour feedback matters!
My son 7 years old has a pain in feet (ankle-lower side). Six months back we got x-ray adone and had consulted the doctor. He said that this kind of pain is common in growing kids. With some rest, the pain was gone. And he stopped wearing school shoes. But, recently the pain has come back and now we want to know how can this problem be solved. He has to wear school shoes also. Are there any special shoes for this kind of problem ?What care he should take to reduce the pain?
Hi my baby is 3 month and 20 days old. Birthwt was 2.6 kg now he is 5.4 kg. Suddenly he has developed a habit of thumb sucking and from pst week he does not want to feed and sucks on thumb. When I position him to nurse he starts crying and wants to put his thumb in his mouth. earlier he used to feed easily. He is totally on breastfeed so I am really worried about him. What shall I do? He drinks milk while asleep or while standing. please please help.
My baby is ten weeks old. Two days back she was given DPT and Rotavac. Same and next day nothing we noticed. On the third day I found redness around the injected surface and big clot. The little girl is crying. Not taking adequate breast milk. Kindly help doctor sir
My son is 2.5 years old last 8 months his stool is too much hard I give him so medicine in homeopath and english medicine but problem not solved so what can I do.
Hello Doctors My son is 20 months old and now he got terrible cough from Monday. We have consulted paediatric doctor but he cough has not come down please suggest. Early reply will help my child.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.