Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya LaxmiYour feedback matters!
My wife is 30years old. She is two months pregnant. She is taking dufaston10mg. But after taking it she feels burning sensation in stomach to throat. Then she feels like vomiting, sometime she vomits and shievers. Then does not want to eat. Should she continue that hermon tablet or omits. Can she take randum the gastric medicine?
She had pain in Breast before two days and her mom say ware bra then it will gone. She did it she lost her pain. Why she got pain give the answer please ?
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Sweating during warm weather is very common, but if a person wakes up from bed soaked in sweat, it is not a pleasant feeling. It does not allow for a sound sleep, and may not always be related to warm weather.
There is no serious underlying medical issue, but it is always advisable to consult a doctor to get this corrected. The following are some common reasons that could lead to night sweats.
- Menopause: The hot flashes that are so popularly associated with menopause is one of the main reasons for night sweats. The presenting factors (woman, age, and other symptoms) should help arrive at this diagnosis. Hormonal levels can be checked to confirm if required. Even puberty and pregnancy can cause night sweats, due to hormonal level alterations.
- Infections: Most infections present with fever and night sweats are very common. Tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, influenza and even HIV can cause night sweats and hamper a person’s sleep. Most infections cause an increase in temperature, which is worse at night.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The walls of the windpipe get narrowed, and the person might have short periods where the breathing just stops. These people are three times more likely to develop night sweats.
- Hypoglycemia: One of the most common symptoms of low blood sugar is night sweat. When the sugar drop happens during the time the person is sleeping, it is very common for the person to wake up soaked in sweat.
- Cancer: For some cancers, night sweats are one of the first warning signs. These cancers include lymphoma, and presence of symptoms like unexplained weight loss, fatigue, etc. should be addressed to rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Side effect of medications: Antidepressants, psychiatric drugs, anti-pyretic drugs, anti-virals, steroids, anti-diabetic medications, hormones, etc. can lead to night sweats. Suspected cases of night sweats should have their medications reviewed to see if any drug is causing the night sweats.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: GERD, as it is popularly known, can cause night sweats in addition to heartburn. They would also have other symptoms of indigestion, which will help in identifying the problem.
- Neurologic disorders: Stroke, neuropathy and anxiety disorders can cause night sweats and would require psychotherapy in addition to medications.
- Idiopathic: And despite all these possible reasons, if there is no identifiable reason, it is known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis (increased sweating). The person produces too much sweat without any known underlying cause and can even wake up at night soaked in sweat.
Management: Identifying the underlying cause is the first step in treatment. It may require hormonal corrections, changing or withdrawing the causative medications, treating associated conditions, etc., as the case may be.
I suffered with irregular periods, I consult a doctor she said that I have pcod problem, and she give tablets for 6 months, but do not like tablets, soo any other way for this problem?
Hi, Am going to get married next month we have planned baby after 1year so in between if use condom at all times is it fine any health issues will happen? Pls suggest me some ideas. Thank you.
I have hormonal imbalance problem since almost 4 years. I got married an year ago. Still the problem persists. I have been to gynaecologist and she asked me to have contraceptive pills. I have very irregular periods. And when I get, it's like it never stops. blood clots and I feel lumps fall from my body when I have this problem. I am planning for kids. Please suggest me what care can be taken and I can plan to conceive. Thanks.
I am 27 old lady and pregnant. Its my 8 month pregnancy and I m detected with hbsag positive now I m worried that is it complicated or what the consequence of this. Please help me.
A friend of mine is not having periods nd she is 19 years old, is it ok? What is the average age of girls to have periods. Please suggest some homemade treatment.
Meri wife sakshi ki dnc hui thi 18augest 2015 ko uske 2nd period sahi se nhi hue 2 din hoke rah gye bs but ab achanak se usko bleading ho rahi he.
When you are diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, or afib, the most common type of irregular heartbeat, putting your heart back in its proper rhythm is only half the goal. Stroke prevention is the other.
Both objectives require rethinking certain foods and medications that once seemed innocuous and now could be a danger to your health. From common over-the-counter drugs to some of the healthiest vegetables on the planet, here's a list of atrial fibrillation dangers to sidestep.
Caffeine can trigger atrial fibrillation
Chugging cup after cup of coffee may help you stay awake, but too much caffeine can be an atrial fibrillation trigger, causing more frequent episodes of the irregular heartbeat. The same goes for caffeine pills, energy drinks, and other caffeine-containing substances.
" they [energy drinks] have the capacity to make afib worse or more frequent, even in people who have never had afib before" says larry chinitz, md, a cardiologist and professor of medicine at nyu langone medical center in new york city. But, Dr. Chinitz notes, when you have afib, only&nbsp;excessive caffeine intake is a problem, so you can sip a latte here or there without any trouble.
Alcohol can be toxic to your heart
Think twice before you order that next round alcohol and atrial fibrillation can be a dangerous combination. Alcohol in excessive amounts is a depressant to the brain, but a stimulant to the heart. This stimulation can worsen or instigate afib episodes.
" it's also a direct toxin to the heart muscle" chinitz says. Sometimes, heavy drinking over a short period of time can cause episodes of atrial fibrillation in people who have not been previously diagnosed with it, a condition known as holiday heart syndrome.
Cold and allergy medications can trigger afib
For most people, nonprescription medications for stuffy and runny noses are fine, but cold/allergy medicine and atrial fibrillation don't mix well. Use caution when taking these remedies because they could cause more frequent episodes of an irregular heartbeat.
" all medications that are trying to decrease secretions or dilate the airways or lungs are all direct stimulants to the heart" chinitz explains. A few common stimulating over-the-counter (otc) medications to watch out for include actifed (chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine), sudafed (pseudoephedrine), and contac (acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine), though others may present the same atrial fibrillation dangers. Talk to your doctor before taking any of these medications if you have afib.
Leafy green vegetables affect blood clotting
Whoever thought that veggies could be bad for you? but as it turns out, some of them can be dangerous if you have atrial fibrillation. If you're on a blood thinner such as warfarin (coumadin, jantoven) for atrial fibrillation to prevent stroke, you should carefully monitor your intake of green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, which contain high amounts of vitamin k.
Vitamin k can counteract the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, making some veggies atrial fibrillation dangers. But you don't have to give up vitamin k for afib management; the key is to eat about the same amount of k-rich foods every day" you shouldn't have none for a month and then huge amounts over the course of a few days" chinitz says.
Vitamins and herbal supplement cautions
Though otc supplements are often thought of as harmless, some of them can affect atrial fibrillation. Vitamin e, for example, has a blood-thinning effect so if you're on a blood thinner, talk to your doctor before taking it. The same goes for herbal medications that have a stimulant effect, like ma huang (chinese ephedra) and st. John's wort.
Extreme exercise puts a strain on your heart
For most people with atrial fibrillation, moderate exercise isn't a problem and can be beneficial by helping you control your weight and improve your mood. But a few people with afib find that particularly difficult workouts can launch a fibrillation episode" we do caution those people against excessive amounts [of exercise]" chinitz says" but most people's exercise routines are not affected"
If you notice irregular heart rhythms during or just after a workout, talk with your doctor about the best way to proceed so that healthy workouts don't turn into atrial fibrillation dangers.
Stress, anxiety, and depression weigh on the heart
Emotions can play a role in bringing on an atrial fibrillation episode. People with afib who have more severe anxiety and depression symptoms may have more afib episodes than people with less-severe anxiety and depression. To help reduce stress and lower your risk of an afib episode, pay close attention to your emotions and schedule relaxing activities that you enjoy.
If your stress, anxiety, or depression becomes overwhelming, talk to a healthcare professional about ways to lighten your emotional load.
I am 27 years and married looking to become pregnant but my weight is 87 I am not able to exercise or go to gym since am working I heard taking herbal life reduces weight so can I use it will that have any side effects or is there anything you could prescribe for me please.
I had done ultrasonography and as per result it shown that the left ovary is enlarged and shows two chocolate cysts and one clear cysts and left ovary measures 6.2 cm X 5.0 cm. The gyno doctor suggest to do laparoscopy surgery to remove the cysts. Pl suggest can I go for laparoscopy surgery to remove cysts or go for any other treatment to remove the cysts. Also suggest can I go for homeopathy treatment to treat cysts.
How to lose weight Post-pregnancy