Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya LaxmiYour feedback matters!
I have bicornuate uterus. I am pregnant for 3 an half months. I had bleed for 2 times first time on 18 june and second time on 8 july. After that I had very low bleed on 22 nd and 23 rd july. Now there is no bleeding. After seeing the report of ultrasound the doctor said that there are 50%chances of being the fetus will be ok or not. I am in confusion that whether my baby is all right or not . I want to know should I proceed this pregnancy further or not?
My mother-in-law is suffered for stomach pain. She had irregular periods. Heavy pain & full stomach. Pls give a solution.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Become physically active everyday which will improve your posture, muscle strength and balance and will prevent you from falling.
I am 26 years old female. I have a three month baby through cesarean my period not came till now .few days ago I have unprotected sex. I want to ask you may I pregnant now? I do not want pregnancy now what should to do? If I will be pregnant then how can I remove it?
Hi. Can any one tell me the IUI infertility process . How much. Average cost for IUI process and success rate.
I am having a doubt that in my breast. My right breast getting pain some times, which is big than left. Still not married getting tense on my health issue please advise.
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling
Hiii Im getting marry next month I don't want to conceive for one year n after one year I want to hve baby. How it's possible?
Hello i am married since last 6 months my wife periods usually starts from 28th -29th of every month but last month's april it was due till 6th of may after two days of her missed periods we had a i can pregnancy test kit in it was 2 alphabet c&t up &down only c was a sign of negative but both c&t it was positive it resulted positive but on t it was light red colour line & on c it was fully dark red we called our family doctor she said just wait fr more 2-3days nd then again make a test & also advised of not having sex but after 6days of missed periods her period started but frankly in between that we had a sex. Please reply m confused.
I have 48 th day I done pregnancy test its negative, I have pcos, irregular periods, I hve no diabetics and thyroid, I want to conceive.
My sis told that karela is nt good for young girls. It causes problems in pregnancy so is that true?
Hello doctor Meri wife ka period nai aa paya hai av tk jb ki date kal ka hi tha pregnancy bhi test kr liya usne umse bhi koi problem nai hai to period late kyu ho rha hai aisa pehle to kv nai hua hai.
Why your EQ is the most important factor for your happiness?
A higher Intelligence Quotient does not guarantee your happiness or success in life. To succeed in life, it is not your IQ, but your EQ that plays a bigger role. Emotional Quotient(EQ) or emotional intelligence stands for your ability to understand and manage your emotions effectively. It influences various aspects of your life, from how you behave to how you interact with others, and has a direct effect on your happiness levels, life quality and self-satisfaction.
Several studies on emotional intelligence have revealed that while about 80% of the common man's success is linked to emotional intelligence, only the remaining 20% is a result of his intelligence quotient! So, how does EQ affect your life?
- At Work: At the workplace, emotional intelligence can have a significant impact on your performance. It shapes your business as well as professional relationships, while helping you to navigate the social complexities that characterise a place of work.
- For Your Health: It affects your physical health too, as management of stress levels is directly linked to your EQ levels. High stress levels can make you susceptible to many diseases like stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, etc. Likewise, if you're unable to handle and manage your emotions effectively, it can lead to mental problems like depression, mood swings and anxiety.
- Personal Relationships: The role of EQ can't be ignored when it comes to building relationships. It enables you to communicate successfully,while helping you to build stronger relationships.Whether they are your professional relationships or personal ones, a better understanding and control of your emotions is imperative for not only a better expression of your feelings,but also for a complete understanding of what others are feeling.
So, how can you improve your EQ?
Unlike IQ, you can certainly improve your EQ significantly by developing and honing these key abilities.
1. The ability to manage negative emotions
Although both negative and positive emotions are needed to succeed in life, sometimes, negative emotions can overwhelm you, affecting your judgement.Developing skills that do not let negative emotions get to you can significantly increase your EQ levels.
2. The ability to reduce stress
Effectively controlling and managing stress is also an ability, the development of which can bring you great success in life. Staying focused, balanced and in control is what you should aim at when under severe pressure. You should be able to quieten yourself down quickly, while relieving yourself from stress.
3. The ability to stay positive even in times of difficulty
Last but not the least, when faced with a difficult situation or even a difficult person, it's crucial to remain positive as then the difficulty faced becomes easier to handle. Arriving at resolutions for difficult situations positively and with confidence is what you should strive to do.
EQ helps you to do well at work, build strong relationships and accomplish your personal and career goals.