Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Did you know that metabolism functions within a scope that goes beyond just maintaining your body weight? This chemical process is also subject to a number of complications and disorders, and can wreck your system without your knowledge. Mineral Metabolic Disorder is one such impediment that can easily corrupt your body and is characterized by an abnormal and unprecedented rise or fall of the level of minerals in the blood. This may result in a number of cardiovascular and bone diseases.
Minerals undoubtedly play an extremely vital role in the proper regulation of the body conditions and aid and abet growth and development. However, under certain (and mostly unforeseen) circumstances, the mineral levels have a propensity to differ substantially from the normal rates and may lead to several disorders.
- Mineral metabolic disorders may be genetic in certain cases, being transferred from the parent to the child via genes.
- However, most mineral metabolic disorders are likely to arise as a result of certain clinical conditions pertaining to starvation, excess alcohol consumption,diarrhea and diet disorders.
The most commonly observed and medically documented complications affecting metabolism as a result of sudden augment or fall in the following minerals are:
- Magnesium: hypomagnesaemia and hypomagnesaemia
- Calcium: nephrocalcinosis, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Paget's disease, osteomalacia, pseudohypoparathyroidism, rickets and hyperparathyroidism
- Iron: hemochromatosis and cirrhosis
- Phosphorus: hypophosphatemia, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism and rickets.
- Sodium: hypernatremia and dilutional hyponatremia
- Zinc: nausea, skin rash, diarrhea, and difficulty in wound healing
- Copper: Menkes syndrome and Wilson's disease
- Potassium: Cushing's syndrome(from exposure to high levels of cortisol), Fanconi's syndrome, Bartter syndrome, Addison's disease and kidney disease.
The ideal remedy to battle the majority of mineral metabolism disorders is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper, filling, and balanced diet. In case the diseases crop as a result of genetic factors, consult your doctor immediately. However, in most cases, proper medication and a wholesome and nourishing food intake is recommended to fight most mineral metabolic diseases.
My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend on 28th Nov and den she had I pill, but she haven't got her periods and the pregnancy test is showing positive. What need to be done now.
I got married since 1years 2 months still I am able to conceive. My periods are regular. And my health is normal no issues.
I am 30 years old female . My marital life completed 4 years. My problem is that between me and my husband the sexual communication is not good. Also he has health complaint . I am not getting pregnant. Also we attempted ivf one cycle. Its failed. Now my problem is as usual. So what I do now for getting pregnant now.
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.
Hi I am 24 year old. I had sex with my bf. And he ejected on me. I took ec pills. I had heavy flow. And now I am not having my periods. Is there a chance of pragnency after heavy flow? or my periods date is changed due to ec pills?
My wife is pregnant (26 week) with twins baby and one expired today in the womb (4th Oct 2016) and second baby is normal still in the womb. What should I have to do go for 1. Delivery of both babies or 2. Go ahead for better progress of second normal babies.
I am 40yrs. Since from one month, I have two white spots on my left breast. What is that? is that white patch which occurs? I was thinking it can be effect of body spray. But it has increased slightly in size. Kindly do advice, should I consult a doctor?
I am having irregular periods from last 2-3 years and my age is 22 what should I do to get regular periods?
The inside of our body needs deep cleansing every few days. We eat different kinds of food - spicy, sweet, sour, fried or baked - it is good to try some detoxing of body before the food we eat creates long term problems. Try these simple home remedies for some internal deep cleaning.
1. Aloe vera and lemon: aloe vera is an excellent at cleansing action. It acts instantly when taken in the following manner. Take a leaf of aloe vera leaf and extract a spoon full of gel or use packed aloe juice. Add juice of a lemon and some water. Drink this juice once every day for best results.
2. Lemon water all day: another way to detox your body is by adding lemon juice to your water and drink it throughout the day. The citric acid in lemon acts against body fat and breaks it down.
3. Ginger and cucumber: add grated ginger, cucumber slices, lemon slices and a few mint leaves in a jug full of water, and leave it overnight. Strain it in the morning and drink the water throughout the day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Often, as men and women approach their mid life, they face sexual problems. Like other major health problem like cancer, diabetes and heart disease, it is beneficial to seek early treatment for sexual problems. Brushing these issues under the carpet may be harmful as it can undo a good relationship and could bring about discord and resentment in the couple. Often, in our culture, mediation and help is sought from friends and relatives. However, seeking professional help is always better as it is unbiased, scientifically correct and based on objective consideration of the overall problem.
Hello doctor My sister got married last year and she is not able to conceive yet all the test are normal. But before marriage she has gone through hsg. Now what is the cause of late pregnancy. Please reply.
Almost every man and woman craves to have a child they can call their own. This makes an inability to procreate one of the most dreaded situations. Infertility can be defined as the inability to conceive a child within 12 months of biologically appropriately timed intercourse. Infertility exacts a huge psychological toll on the person.
Infertility often triggers depression in a person. This may be acute and result from specific events such as the holidays, family celebrations of the news of a someone else having conceived a child or could be cyclic and coincide with phases of their fertility cycle. This depression could lead to problems at work and communication with the spouse.
Infertility can also make a person feel helpless and affect their self esteem. Infertility accompanied by depression can trigger the feeling of having lost control over one’s life and can make people withdraw into themselves.
An infertile person may also often feel guilty and make them blame themselves and their prior actions for the condition. This leads them to question their worthiness of being a good spouse and potential parent. A woman who has suffered from an STD earlier or has undergone an abortion earlier can become obsessed with blaming herself for being infertile.
This affects their daily lives and ability to work. An infertile person may also feel guilty for having robbed their partner of the chance to become a parent. This can put a strain on their relationship and in many cases lead to a broken marriage.
When they find themselves unable to conceive a child, a couple may try to time their intercourse with ovulation tools, such as an ovulation thermometer etc. and may try different positions, some of which may be fairly uncomfortable. They may also end up having intercourse more often than desired. In order to prevent sperm from leaking out of the vagina, a woman may also find herself lying in an awkward supine position after intercourse. A combination of all these factors makes the act a chore and with time can lead to a loss of libido.
Infertility can also trigger anger against life for having been treated unfairly or towards other parents. This may also be displaced towards their family and friends leading to situations where they feel ostracized and unsupported.
When dealing with infertility, it is important to understand that neither partner is to blame. Infertility is a physiological condition and can be treated in most cases. It is important for both partners to support each other during this process and if need be consult a counselor.