Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya BhargaviYour feedback matters!
I have a proper vision on my EYE , but I can not able to see the words clearly and I feel that in my right eye there is movement of Dots, where ever eye keep on eye , it follows, I went to hospital doctor said me it will automatically goes . Within 6 months. But the problem is I can not able to see the computer properly while working, I got severe headache .please suggest me what to dosage: 23, male.
Hello sir I am ram, I have a eye sight -0.5 for both eye, I want to know power of the lenses in diafters. Thank you.
What is the symptoms of dengue and I have fever for over last 4 days and I have red eye and what should I do.
Do your eyes get tired easily? Do they look sore or sandy? If yes, then it’s time to worry for your eyes now. There is every possibility that you might have developed a dry eye. It is a common disorder of the eyes that occurs due to aging. It causes discomfort as you end up feeling scratchy or gritty all the time. The eyes turn red and have a burning sensation and feel itchy. Things get worse when you tend to stress your eyes by spending extra hours in front of the computer or read texts. In fact, the discomfort increases as the blinking frequency of the eyes get reduced.
One may also develop blurred vision due to dry eyes. An individual feels as if there is some particle inside his or her eyes, but finds nothing. Though this condition doesn’t lead to very dangerous consequences, it is always a wise decision to seek medical help. The medical term for this condition is keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Once you develop dry eye, there is always a tendency to get it back again. But, the good news is that it can be treated to get some relief.
Dry eye is caused due to problems related to tear formation. When we blink our eyes, a film is formed over it. This thin layer is called a tear film. Tear film is responsible for clarity in vision. In case, enough tear is not produced, one tends to suffer from dry eyes. It is mainly caused due to ageing.
If you don't produce enough tears, if your tears aren't of the right quality or your tears aren't spread across the front of your eye properly then you may develop dry eye. The glands producing tear or the tear film get inactive with age. Sometimes, the tear film is also affected by certain medicines, contact lenses, diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren's syndrome.
Dry eyes caused due to ageing cannot be cured completely. You must see a doctor for treatment but there are no permanent cure remedies. However, there are ways to help you get some relief. Here are the ways:
- Try to increase the natural tears: There are certain home-based remedies to get some relief from the problem. You can keep the temperature of your room lower to get rid of the symptoms of dry eyes. Higher temperature leads to the evaporation of the tears. You can keep a humidifier in your room that adds more moisture to the air inside the room. This prevents drying up of the eye due to evaporation of tears. It is also found that when one blinks less, tear formation is reduced. The blinking is reduced while working on computers and reading. One must be careful while doing such things and try and blink as many times as possible.
- Use eye drops: One needs to use eye drops called ‘artificial tears.’ They are an alternative to the natural tears. If usual drops are not effective, gel-based thicker drops or overnight ointments are prescribed.
- Block tear ducts: Another way of tackling dry eyes is by reducing the drainage of tears. For this, the tear ducts are blocked by plastic pieces called punctual plugs. The process is termed as punctal occlusion.
- Take food supplements: Certain oils and Omega 3 and 6 are known to be beneficial in treating dry eyes. Include these supplements in your diet to keep your eyes healthy.
Sorry. I could not see report properly. It is actually fasting 111 after eaten 149. Pls tell me if it is normal sugar level.
RK was done in 1994 . At present vision is decreasing fastly . Doctor advised for change of cornea or pentrating keratoplasty . Is that procedure is right for me . Cornea is easily available . Results of cornea grafting is successful or not .
I have squint problem I am twenty years old can this be corrected by operation? How much will it cost?
See, I am in sitting job for 12 hrs in a day in front of computer than what is the necessary activities to taken by me and what type of meal to taking?
I want to change my spectacles and it's a auto cool glass. Shall I go ahead and change the glass or consult a doctor before that.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.
My 3.5yr old girl child has suddenly crossed eye occurs.We checked her eye and she has 2+ spherical number. But still there is crossed eye. Please suggest good medicine
I have water coming grom my eyes. Red eyes in morning please help anf give guidamv8e to me. What is tbe problem?
I am 22 years old nd I have weak eyesight (especially right) nd have migraine prblm also nd bearing migraine pain on alternate basis; my exams are coming nd I found my eyes so loaded while studying nd even swell what can I do?
Sometimes I felt right eye bal pain and right eye brow also that time I felt vomiting sometimes I did vomit als o may I know the reason.
If you stare into your cellphone or computer screen for long periods, you may experience eyestrain.
Eyestrain symptoms include sore, tired, burning or itchy eyes. You also may have watery eyes or dry eyes, along with sensitivity to light.
Reduce eyestrain by taking short breaks throughout the day. To do this, close your eyes or focus on something other than your screen for a few minutes every hour or so.