Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Sarathi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay SarathiYour feedback matters!
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of the throat.
It is mere * myth * that the tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. Tonsillitis can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids as they get exposed to the different environment for the first time.
With age advances frequency of attacks reduces because the body gains immunity after each episode.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: when frequency and duration of acute attacks increases. This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of throat pain fever occasionally ear ache off and on also known as acute on chronic illness.
- Acute tonsillitis: This is a form of acute infection which usually doesn't recur but may set once or so.
A virus or bacteria that causes common cold may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
- Fever and chills
- A headache, ear ache, and stomach ache
- May experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Change in voice when tonsil such enlarged - hot potato voice.
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics in acute cases and in some resistant chronic cases, operation tonsillectomy is indicated . Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature and recurrence is more than 3 times per year or a child fails to thrive .
This operation is very simple now a days with new technologies.