Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Rao K RYour feedback matters!
I do running daily, but now I stopped running because I am felling pain in my knee of right leg for last 1 month . There is no pain in knee of left leg. I don't feel any pain while walking and bending my right leg. I feel pain when I do running ,stretching and making pressure on it. I have to go for my sports after 1 month where I have to do running also. Sir or mam please help me how can I cure it within 1 month. I just have 1 month to cure it ! What should I do ? What diet should I take? I am worrying about it ! Is it permanent? Or can be cure ?
Sir male, 33Y. My left leg is swelling in the back part. I went to local doctor he said to take ultrasound scanning and I did the same but in the report I get it as normal. What would be reason? Along with this I am suffering with severe finger pains (both hands) and feeling pain in the knee joints.
Broken ligament of right knee on the left side before 2 months. What all are the exercise needed for the better improvement.
I am 26yrs male. I am suffering from a major pain on my right knee. How can I recover from it? which exercise help me?
Hv knee pain frm past a year but now a days increased n the pain increases while bending. Even moving on stairs is painful. Please help.
I am 40 years old women and I have rheumatoid arthritis, doctors told 70 % got damaged like and they gave tablets. Wat should I do for this rheumatoid arthritis? wat s the best solution for this. And wat tablet s best, wat type of food items I need to take and wat type of food items I need to avoid, and tell me some suitable exercise for rheumatoid arthritis also I need to know, whether v can able to cure this or not?
I have an accident & injured . My right knee have ACL tear. Dr. says surgery is only solution. Is this right? Is their any solution of recovery without surgery ?
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
My wife is suffering with knee pain since 6 years. I am taking no regular medicine at present since the doctor say that there is no perfect medicine at present. The condition is not so bad to go for knee replacement. Thus presently we are going to apply ointment[ tail] on knee regularly made by Jiva and patanjali and sometimes other ayurveda oil. She got relief no doubt, but some time she used to take pain killer tablets one or two and required hot sake. She also take some calcium tablets along with vitamin D time to time, but not regularly as advised by doctor. I want to know if there any way to get relief. Sir we are 75 and not able to to talk perfectly on mobile, so it will be appreciated if you respond on email, so that we may read it out slowly THANKS.
Hello doctor, good evening, I am 47 year old lady , k/c/o diabetes border level, with rheumatoid arthritis. I am 5 feet 2 inches tall and 54 kg weight. Kindly suggest me proper diet.
I am having lots of thick white discharge n due to this I m having lot of pain in my knee. Lower back, arm n feeling tired. My bones have become very weak n now ntt having my periods.
I am 74 years . Had bYpass in 2005 in USA. Do walking for 1 hr daily, weekly one hour swimming, occasional cycling. Suddenly I developed knee joint pain severely and my doc told it is bones worn out and game tablets. But since I developed some allergic indication, like ballooning effect in my tummy, he changed the tablet and I am perfect. Except for the knee pain and I am using Arlin oil for the same. I switched to Ayurvedic medications since 2 days, some tablets Oils for knee, and some powder etc .Now somewhat better and I have to go for review after 20 days. Just wanted to know what could be the reason .I have been advised to not use steps climbing, sitting on indian toilets, sitting for lunch etc. I have been having lunch only in witting on floor pose for so many years and suddenly due to this pain I find it difficult to do so. Shall be obliged for your opinion
I am 25 years old and suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from past 3 years. I am felling pain and swelling in knee joints, elbow joints and others too. So is there ways to reverse joint damage causes by arthritis?
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am have been suffering from insomnia since few days due to my late night office work. What should I do?
I can feel cracking sound from my knees once I bend my knees between 135- 90 degrees The doctor has diagnosed osteoarthritis and advised not to climb stairs. I do not have constant pain, but If I walk 2-3 km, I feel pain on my back/pelvis. My mother has acute OA and she find it difficult to move and cannot travel more than 5-10 meters that to with support. What exercise do you suggest to delay any surgery or knee transplant op in future ?
Hi, i'm having snapping hip, knee, scapula syndrome, specifically in all the three major joints. Please recommend me any proper diet/ precaution to make back in my healthy life? *can I do indian push ups while having a snapping scapula syndrome*?
1.Myth : pain persists after joint replacement
Truth: pan is usually relieved completely by around 2 months.pt can walk,sit and climb stairs without pain.
2.Myth: You have to be over 60 to consider knee replacement.
Truth: Living with a painful joint that prohibits you from working or participating in normal life activities is an outdated way of thinking. Age is not necessarily a limiting factor. Today's joint replacements last 25 years or longer and, for most people, will last a lifetime.
3. myth:complication are higher
Truth: in modern era ,complications are very minimal.
4.Myth: Both knees should not be replaced at the same time
Truth: Both knees can be replaced at the same time if the patient’s health condition s good. In fact many doctors prefer to do both the knee replacements simultaneously if they feel that patient can tolerate the procedure well. It not only saves money, but recovery is one, rehabilitation is done at the same time, patient gets back to work and thus saves a lot of financial burden on the patient which would happen otherwise.