Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Rao K RYour feedback matters!
I am 40years old female person. I have knees pains heavy what should I do this knees pains? I am not sitting and standing properly.
Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings! presently looking for a permanent solution and better treatment for my mother (50 age), who is suffering from Knee Joint Pain and Swelling. She is presently under treatment and taking Allopathic medicine. Along with this she is applying SayDex Oil for the oil massage at Knee Joint Area and she is doing some exercises as advised. I learned that this pain is recurring and no permanent solution is there for this Pain. However, I believe that there must be a permanent solution for this Joint Pain and Swelling. Would you please let me know your best possible solution for the above matter? Thank you for your time. Regards, Pradeep.
I am 26 years old female and married, I have very less weight of 38 and I have arthritis also and have a weakness problem, and pain into my legs lot,
Hi, I have been diagnosed for Gout for last 9 yr. I take 1 Zyloric 100 mg tablet every alternate day and am able to maintain the creatine level. I also have limited protein diet. My question is I want to start gym workout and this would require protein intake so can I still have a good workout without compromising on my health. Also would like to know the side effects of Zyloric tablet or any purinol tablet.
Suddenly I have pain in my knees. I am 21 years old female I have taken medicine but still there is relief in pain.
My wife is 65 years and 70 kg weight is suffering from osteoarthritis in both knees and doctors have advised knee replacement surgery. Recently an orthopaedic doctor started steroid MEDROL 4 MG every alternate day along with some Homeopathic medicines. She has considerable relief in stiffness and pain. Kindly advise whether steroids can be continued. If so how long. What adverse affects can the steroids have. She is already taking medicine NEBISTAR and dytor 5 for her Heart problem.
I am 29 yrs old having right leg knee muscle tear, hence I have taken medication doctor suggested mega bone, zinc and vitamin d3 tablets. I completed the course. But still i'm having the pain. Now slowly I got back pain also. Kindly help me.
I am 22 years old (male) I have a problem in my right knee. Some times my knee cap slips from its place and it feels like I am dying out of pain and in very next moment it comes back to its position, I feel intense pain like hell. It first happened to me in yr 2008, then in 2011, 2012, and today again. I used to apply ointment and it feels good after some time. Please help.
Suffering from joints pain in Inflammation from last 3 year. But test never confirm presence of rheumatic arthritis. Grt dilemma. Till the anything is diagnosed ¿
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My mom is around 60 years. She is having rheumotoid artheritis problem for the last one year. Wat will be the remedy.Please suggest
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.