Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Rao K RYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and thyroid problems for the past five years. Taking prescribed allopathy medicines methotrexate, steroid predmet 4 mg and thyronom 50 gm. Is there any permanent alternate remedy available? Please suggest.
I am 47 years old male having stomach disorder from more than 20 years and knee pain from last 5-6 years. so, kindly advice.
I am 37 years old. I am suffering from insomnia for the last 15 years. I am using lot of tablets prescribed by doctor. What is the natural remedy?
I am 20 years old suffering from back pain for past 3 months and knee pain for past 1 month only on the left side, pasthistory before 2 years I went to gym and due heavy lifting I got the back for the first time but mild in type I consulted a doctor they told me to do physiotherapy exercises' I done those exercises but 2 months discontinued but I have little pain after some days I went to play the aggravated so again started doing exercises but I got to play for my team so I played but only after 3 months. The symptoms aggravated. But that time I got only low back pain. Now I got knee pain also. My mri scan I normal I got pain during walking also my left buttock pains little bit pls advice me the good physiotherapy exercises and diet, sitting, lying posture.
I have knee pains. I used lot@ of tablets I asked doctors. But I didn't get relief from that pains. Pls tell me how can I relief from that pains?
I have a ganglion cyst in my wrist from past 3 years and now it is paining in the morning when I wake up. And have little pain when I touch it. Is it a major problem? What medication I have to take?
Hello doctor my sister is suffering from arthritis on her right knee, from past few years she cant walk properly. Is there any remedy for this problem, after getting operated will she walk normally. Please suggest me in a right direction so that this problem get it solved. Thank you.
My mother who is 70 had a right knee operation 4 months ago. She is still facing problem walking freely and cannot sit under a fan as her right knee starts paining. Is there something that can be done to reduce the problem she faces?
Insomnia after a fright.
When anxious and agitated
Insomnia despite being really sleepy
After several sleepless nights
Because you have lots of ideas spinning around in the head or
After having drunk coffee or
After some good news
For fear of not sleeping or
After receiving bad news
After too much alcohol or eating too much
Due to feet burning
For fear of the dark
Because of restless legs
Sensitive to the slightest noise
Homeopathic remedies are very effective if taken in correct potency. - Dr. Rushali angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
My mom has excessive pain in knees joint had many medicines but it doesn't give any relief please guide us if there any home remedies.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.