Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay RYour feedback matters!
Hi can I know the cost for removal of wisdom teeth. And you please recommend a doctor who is expert in removing it without nerves near by it. As I heard wisdom tooth in horizontal position is complicated to remove. please suggest me.
I'm a 23 year old male and I'm having pain in my gum since yesterday. While it may be wisdom tooth, should I consult a doctor?
Does drilling n filling the whole procedure of cavities filling affect the jaw and its placement or positioning in any way?
My teeth has more sensitivity and pain while biting hard substance. I feel my teeth were weak. I think this is due I am taking tablets for Blood pressure and diabetic. Please tell me the remedy ?
Hi Sir, My teeth have become yellowish due to smoking and eating chicken I guess. Can you please recommend what I can do to whiten my teeth. Also is there any treatment and what is the cost.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
My son 4 year 5 months, he has tooth pain. Consulted a dentist he found cavity and prescribed an antibiotic and pain killer. My doubt is this cavity can be filled or we need to do a root canal? Now only cavity one teeth small cavity can without root canal treatment ?
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.