Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
I have frozen shoulder. Also I feel pain at different places of my my arm. During night, it starts hurting at some random location on my arm, in whichever posture I try to sleep. The point of pain goes on shifting with changing the posture. My Vitamin D report says it is 8.6 ng/ml. My doctor prescribed me a dose of 60,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (1 gm cachet) every alternate day for 2 months. I searched the Google for the dose of this medicine. On almost all the sites, the recommended dose is 60,000 IU once per week or per month. Please advise me the correct dose.
I am suffering from exteme pain in my leg joints (pain in muscle above joints while standing up, what may be the problem. Please suggest me proper solution for this.
My father (age 48) is having pain in right arm elbow joint since 5 months, what is the cure for this.
One of my friend had severe back pain. He had pain in backside neck spinal area. He tried many of pain relief sprays. But there is no use. He working 8 hrs in front of system. Pls send me the remedy!
The fingers of the hand are not straight, crooked because of brain stroke and after the span of 5-6 years it's same. What measures should we take to make the weak fingers strong.
Hello every one 23 years male here I am suffering from knee pain I took many tests doctors concluded that this is reverse arthritis how should I take care of myself will you please suggest me than in advance.
How can I correct my bowlegs at the age of thirty eight. It does not cause any problem but I want to make them proper.
My frnd (female), she gets regular back pains like whenever she works long or walk on cemented track, etc etc, pls suggest.
I am 46 years old, male, suffering from body pains, allergy with cough with sputam at night, sneesing, flowing nose on morning time, dust allergy at cool lungs constrict, cough with sputam pleas give suggestion to me.
Spondylitis includes swelling of the vertebra. It happens because of wear and tear of the ligament and bones found in your cervical spine, which is in your neck. While it is to a great extent because of age, it can be brought on by other reasons too. Side effects incorporate pain and stiffness starting from the neck to the lower back. The spine's bones (vertebrae) get fused, bringing about an unbending spine. These changes might be mellow or extreme, and may prompt a stooped-over posture. Some of the non-surgical methods to treat spondylitis are as follows-
- Exercise based recovery/physiotherapy: Your specialist may send you to a physiotherapist for treatment. Non-intrusive treatment helps you extend your neck and shoulder muscles. This makes them more grounded and at last, relieves pain. You may neck traction, which includes using weights to build the space between the cervical joints and decreasing pressure on the cervical disc and nerve roots.
- Medications: Your specialist may prescribe you certain medicines if over-the-counter medications do not work. These include:
- Muscle relaxants, for example, cyclobenzaprine, to treat muscle fits
- Opiates, for example, hydrocodone, for pain relief
- Epileptic medications, for example, gabapentin, to ease pain created by nerve damage
- Steroid infusions, for example, prednisone, to decrease tissue irritation and diminish pain
- Home treatment: In case your condition is less severe, you can attempt a couple of things at home to treat it:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, for example, acetaminophen or a calming medication, for example, Advil or Aleve.
- Use a warming cushion or an ice pack on your neck to give pain alleviation to sore muscles.
- Exercise routinely to help you recover quickly.
- Wear a delicate neck prop or neckline to get transitory help. In any case, you shouldn't wear a neck brace for temporary pain relief.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a highly effective treatment used to mitigate back and neck pain. Little needles, about the extent of a human hair, are embedded into particular points on the back. Every needle might be whirled electrically or warmed to improve the impact of the treatment. Acupuncture works by prompting the body to deliver chemicals that decrease pain.
- Bed Rest: Severe instances of spondylitis may require bed rest for close to 1-3 days. Long-term bed rest is avoided as it puts the patient at danger for profound vein thrombosis (DVT, blood clots in the legs).
- Support/brace use: Temporary bracing (1 week) may help get rid of the symptoms, however, long-term use is not encouraged. Supports worn for a long time weaken the spinal muscles and can increase pain if not continually worn. Exercise based recovery is more beneficial as it reinforces the muscles.
- Lifestyle: Losing weight and eating nutritious food with consistent workouts can help. Quitting smoking is essential healthy habits to help the spine function properly at any age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.