Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
While i walk it pains in upper corner of knee &in calf muscle.Otherwise no pains or odema .I am diabetic with little high bp in control by allopathic medicines.I am strong believer in homeopathy.Tried many but no success for this ailment.Please help
I am having this problem of pimples a lot since very long. How should i get rid of them with least use of medication because i even consulted a shin specialist and he gave me a few medicated facewas and some medicines but they were of no use. So please suggest me the best you can? And my face gets red very sooner and nothing hot suits me. And it itches a lot in the sun.
I'm am suffering from severe shoulder pain since last 1year. Met an orthopedic doctor and he confirmed it has frozen shoulder. Request your support to over come this problem.
I have got a jamm of my nerves somewhere in the hip portion. My hip along with my thighs pains a lot. What should I do.
Had forearm fracture and fixed it with surgery by nail in the radius now 1 and half months over and cast is removed but after removing cast I feel pain in thumb finger and unable to bend it. And wrist also pain. What should I do I am very fear that whether my hand can't work as before. Please help me out. 0 Doctor Answered.
I am 28 years old suffering from back pain since last 8 to 10 months. Get tested and found that uric acid is high, it is 8.3. Please suggest medicine and food to avoid and food to eat. My height is 170 cm. And weight is 72 kg.
Since 2007 once a year I get epileptic convulsion with tongue byte at early morning hours. Neorologist advised twice a day levipil 500 mg. Now for 2014 it didnot occur, normally it get during rainy season. Secondly I have hyper tension with pulse rate 90 some time for which I am taking prolomet xl 25 mg and it is in control. I am realising for last 2 years heavy weight of body upto 97. How to reduce weight. I normally eat home food full meal twice a day with light breakfast with milk and honey. I developed osteo artharitis for which taken medicine alopathy. Homeopathy as well as ayurveda. Got some relief through ayurveda tabs such as romawin, mahayograj guggul and mayoset oil with hot hot water fermentation twice a day. I still feel my bones and muscle became weak while walking and climbing and cannot walk fast or climb or step down staircase at usual way. Pl suggest proper remedies. Consulted well; know neoroligist, physicians, dean of ayurveda hospital, I don't get time to work out physeo therapy exericise during normal fitness time due to office routine work from morning 9 a. M. To evening 8 p. M. (i. E. Start from home to reach back at home)
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
1. The position of your pelvis: The pelvis consists of three bones that can shift depending on which muscles become weak or stiff. This brings about a pull in the muscle of the lower back, resulting in severe strain to this area. You should consult a physiotherapist for suggestions regarding the best exercises for strengthening your pelvic area.
2. Weak abdominal muscles: A cause of your back pain can be weak stomach muscles. Abdominal muscles play an important role in balancing out the constant bending that your back muscles perform. When you've weak abdominal muscles, your spine is not able to maintain proper balance, resulting in severe stress on the spinal column.
3. Disc injuries: Located between the bones of your spine, discs perform the function of a shock absorber. Physical injury to these padded cushions can cause them to break open, leading to a condition known as herniated disc. This can then bring about pain in the back area.
Few other causes behind back pain
- Weak back muscles
- Weak osteoporotic back bones
- Disc disease
- Facet joint arthopathy (degenerative or traumatic )
- Sacro Iliac joint pain
- Infection of the spinal bones
- Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Some people inherit back pain. Degenerative disc disease can be genetic or inherited. That is why we see degenerative spinal changes causing chronic back pain in some young age group patients without any apparent cause.
- Cancers which can be primary or metastasis
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.
Most often back pain will resolve itself in 3 to 6 weeks time and does not need to be treated. Please note, bed rest of no more than 2 days is required. Bed rest may weaken the back muscles and prolong back pain. If the back pain continues or increases, investigations are required. Expensive Investigations like MRI is usually over prescribed and will be needed only if neuro deficit is present or infection is suspected.
- Physical rehabilitation and Pain medication like NSAID.
- Neuropathic pain medications for neural compression (gabapentin or pregabalin).
Minimally invasive procedures which have revolutionised the treatment for back pain and saved millions from spinal surgeries include
- Radiofrequency ablation treatment for Facet pain
- Transforaminal blocks for nerve compression
- SCS for chronic back pain
- Intra thecal pumps
- Intradiscal Radiofrequency procedures. ( this procedure makes the disc painless ).
Surgery should be the last option and should be restricted to patients having progressive neuro deficit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.