Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay MYour feedback matters!
Hy sir am getting pain in my leg since one month what I can do in present please help for that and I need tablets for that.
I am 27 year female I have migraine and frequent lower back pain also. I hv migraine since 2009 but backache since 2011. migraine is more frequent then backache. migraine triggers more due to sunlight or stress.
I am 22 years old male I have a sever back pain problem. Im working like a design engineer but my pain irritates mostly so please give a solution.
I am 21 years old last march month I was involving in the bike accident one scar on my neck in the left side. How to treat that. It was no response by the treatment with the MEDERMA.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
I am 29 yrs old having right leg knee muscle tear, hence I have taken medication doctor suggested mega bone, zinc and vitamin d3 tablets. I completed the course. But still i'm having the pain. Now slowly I got back pain also. Kindly help me.
Hey I low in calcium for few years but it's tablets are too big to swallow that's why I don't eat it but my joints pains frequently and cramps too. I married 3 months before. Due to this my mom in law give me dry fruits apple banana milk mix in breakfast n regular normal lunch and dinner. Please suggest a diet for me which will be helpful for me now and in near future also?
Avascular necrosis of 4 th stage. Doctors have suggested me hip replacement. I took bisphosphonate injection but it did not help anything.
I am 24 years old I am suffering with back lower hips and ribs pain and buttocks pain.give me correct diagnose.
I am 15 weeks pregnant. I am having lower back pain on the left side in between the hips and back. It is difficult to sit, stand and lie down on the bed. What to do?
I am suffering from back pain from about one month continuously. This is really painful. I have to take pain killers to avoid it and do my studies. Please help me with same remedies or some aasans to cure it?
My ligament had broken a year before.My doctor said there no need of surgery.I had some tablets at that time.Now I feel pain in my legs.I feel something is missing inside while walking. .Why ?
I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis: pain since last 7 (seven ) years. Please let me know the total treatment procedure and remedy in my below mentioned email id. Please give me the address of hospitals for better treatment.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.