Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay LakshmiYour feedback matters!
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 26 year old and have pcod syndrome and now in my recently abdomen scan its level is 6-8 cc and my doctor sugest me to stop dronis 30 medicine for 3 months to record menses cycle I want to know is pcod curable at this level and is it fine with 6-8 cc and for hiw much more I need to take this treatment as I take dronis for 1 year and now stopped this mnth please help me as my parents are looking for marriage.
Hi, I am 29 years old unmarried woman with height 5'6" and weight 55 KGS which is normal. I have PCOD or PCOS. I tried all medicines. I get periods only if I am under medication. I don't what junk foods or have carving for sweets. I am working currently not that hectic though. I have lot of facial hair and have hair loss. Is there any natural way to cure PCOD? My doctor's say my uterus is little small but this is not an issues. Not sure what the issue is?
There are several conceptions regarding ovarian cysts and pregnancy. The main question that arises in the mind of people is whether their wish of getting pregnant getting impeded because of an ovarian cyst? Does ovarian cyst cause infertility?
Well in this article, you may find adequate information regarding ovarian cysts, pregnancy and infertility.
When a woman learns that she has an ovarian cyst, she already starts getting palpitation. However, studies say that maximum cysts that a woman tend to develop in their ovary are not life threatening. They are functional cysts, which will be completely vanished on their own after some months. These types of cysts do not cause any complications in pregnancy. But these may end up creating problems regarding the ovulation power of women.
Now if we focus on the classification of the cysts which can cause infertility, we will find two different types, Endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Endometriosis: its effects and remedies
Basically the tissue endometrium (which lines up the uterus), grows out of the surface of uterine cavity in case of cysts. When an endometrium grows on ovary, it can cause endometriomas, which precludes women's body from producing fertile eggs. In several cases, endometriosis interferes with pregnancy by stimulating scar tissue formation that generally tends to complicate fallopian tubes' normal function. Also, when endometriosis cells secrete substances, it can cause hindrance in the interaction process of sperms and eggs, which further leads to infertility issues.
Along with such problems, there are other hormonal disorders that can arise with endometriosis which can cause weak nidation and lead to early miscarriages. This particular problem generally occurs in the women between the age of 25-35 years.
There are handful of remedies for these types of cysts. In many cases, ovulation is being blocked for a certain period. Apart from this, surgical treatment might be given in some cases such as laparoscopy or laparotomy.
PCOS - its effects and remedies
The second type of cyst that creates hindrance in getting pregnant is polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. This type generally occurs when a woman has instability in her reproductive hormones. As a result, the ovaries fail to produce the required hormones, which help the follicles in producing mature eggs.
PCOS is generally treated with the help of hormonal medication. PCOS is considered to be the leading cause of infertility.
Other types of cysts
Corpus luteal Cyst is very common in pregnancy. It is considered to be asymptomatic and tends to disappear within the 16th week of pregnancy. Cysts, which are not over 7 cm in size, can be kept until delivery. However, large cysts generally cause pain and need to be removed through surgery.
Surgery is always an option for ovarian cysts. Laparoscopy is considered to be safe during pregnancy as there are almost no risk factors. So it is being suggested by health experts that one should not get worried about ovarian cysts during pregnancy, as there are too many remedies to cure them.
I am a 27 year old female who has hypothyroidism and PCOD. The conditions are well under control. However, I have been noticing plaque on my teeth in the past few weeks. I brush twice a day and I don't understand why I've got the bacterial-food film. Now, there are two questions I want to ask. 1- Is the plaque due to thyroid or the medications I am taking. 2- Is teeth cleaning/ scaling now the option for me? HELP!
IUCD was inserted on dated 5th sep.in my wife internal part. After a month in this cycle she is feeling acute bleeding, gynaecologist suggest HB test and findings 11gm, she suggest tranexamic acid with mefenamic acid for three days BD to subside acute bleeding, is the treatment in right direction. One more thing I want to clear how IUCD works ,I feel that I cannot insert my penis in her uterus, is it due to IUCD. I try during intercourse but some thread like item forces me to remain away from uterus. Pl guide.
Why do chapsticks make your lips drier?
The answer lies in the ingredients used. Chapsticks are composed of ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerine, which make the lips drier. These suck the moisture out of your skin, especially during dry climate, which causes your lips to be even drier after using a chapstick.
For chapsticks to be effective, the ingredients used need to be offset by other ingredients, which can help in moisturising your lips. Chapsticks containing ingredients like beeswax, shea butter and various other essential oils help in creating a physical barrier, which prevents in the loss of moisture from your lips.
So what can you do to cure chapped lips?
Use chapsticks that contain natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and essential oils along with hyaluronic acid and glycerine. Alternatively, drinking plenty of water in winters can prevent your lips from drying out.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.