Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
Prostate cancer patients with an unhealthy, high-fat diet have a significantly higher risk of death from the disease, a new study suggests.
?There is currently very little evidence to counsel men living with prostate cancer on how they can modify their lifestyle to improve survival. Our results suggest that a heart-healthy diet may benefit these men by specifically reducing their chances of dying of prostate cancer,?
?Diets high in animal fat and low in fiber are associated with metabolic syndrome ? a collection of conditions including abdominal obesity, elevated blood sugar levels and high blood pressure,?said Dr. Michael Schwartz, a urologist at the Arthur Smith Institute for Urology in New Hyde Park, N.Y.
?It has been known for some time that this type of diet can elevate risk of diabetes, heart attack, stroke and various cancers,? he said.
Now, ?this study provides evidence for what many of us have for years been telling our patients with prostate cancer ? or patients who are interested in prostate cancer prevention,? Schwartz said.
He added that the anti-cancer effects of exercise might play a role as well, in that men in the study who ate healthier might also have exercised more.
The research was published online June 1 in the journal Cancer Prevention Research.
I am 63 years old man1. I have blood sugar fasting 89 mg and PP 112 mg. Am I diabetic prone? 2. Which test (s) I shall have to know my kidney function? 3. Which test (s) I shall have to know my heart function?
Urine leakage result of scan shows about 10 to 15 ml of urine is left in the bladder after urination please safest possible way to rectify thanking you.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Hi, I have been suffering burning sensation in my penis, anus from last 25 days. What may be the reason? I meet 15 days ago Urologist. He told me I don't masturbate thats why I'm facing this problem. He prescribed me alfuzosin Prolonged release tablet. I get little relief but not completely. I'm 25 tear old. My urine and Urine Culture report were negative.
I am 36 years old, I am male and I have a problem of stony 16mm in left kidney. So what should I do?
Dear Dr. My mouth is always smelling. After eating something smelling increased. I used to brush regularly with toothpaste. Even after my mouth is smelling. My urine also smells heavy. This problem continued from last 4/5 years. But I never get any treatment for this. But now I want get rid of this. Is there any medicine or any natural remedy or suggestions? Please help me out.
Sir mujhe right kidney me stone hai 3 mm ka kya main opreation karwa lu ya dawa se theek ho sakta hai. Uchit raay de.
My age is 23. I was diagnosed with a cyst formation. Epidydimal cyst of 7*8mm. Is there any homeopathic treatment for this instead of operation.
I have pain in my anus with swelling and its comes once in year and I took antibiotic as it was advised by physician and he said me that its Anorectal Abcess. Its resolve by medicine but comes once in a year since last four year. So what should I do. Should I go for any investigation.
Hi I am 45 years male, with normal blood sugar level. I am not obese but have high blood pressure since 7-8 years. I am suffering from frequent urination problem. I intake minimum 2 ltrs water per day and I need to go to the toilet once in 15 -20 minutes. Please advice, as this hampers my daily routine.
I had my ct scan done due to severe pain stomach. Doc said I have 4 stones each 2mm. 3 mm 4 mm and 3.8mm. Whether it will come through urine automatically.
Sir I am 25 years old male. I have prostatic my gland is 27gm and 25cc volume. I have no symptoms. Sir wt to do? How to shrink it?
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.