Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife soles pain in the morning when she leave bed & also her lower limbs develop pain when she hold urine when there is urge?
I asked before about my frequent urination of about every 30 minutes intervals and am not feeling any pain and am not ill. I was asked to do a sugar test, I did and the result was 3.7mml/. Wat do I do?
Hello sir I have itching around my anus area. There are no pain and no bleeding is it hemorrhoids problem or not please tell me how can I treat it.
I am rahul raj vardhan I have a question regarding health issue I hv stone in both my kidney about 7 mm. Which medicine and home remedies I have to prefer for removal of this.
Hi Doctor I from Chennai. I think last one week my body heat so much increase when I go urine that time urine come over heat last one week only happen like this I drink more than water but now also continue same problem yesterday I went to play cricket just 2 hours only I stand in sun light after go to urine that time very heat I don't know why happen like this please help me & guide me doctor.
My mother is getting severe health problems. She is suffering wd gas trouble, kidney stones, now her legs are swelling very much along with back pain.help me
Yesterday I had taken heavy meal in chicken. But today there is a burning sensation during urine pass. Why is it so? What would be the possible reason? What would be it's simple remedy?
Nefroti syndrome ie leakage of albumin protein in urine, my 8 years old grand son is suffering from this type of health problem, guide me how to handle him.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) happens when germs infect your urinary system. It includes the kidneys, bladder, and the connecting tubes. Bladder infections are normal and not a huge risk if treated immediately. Further, if the disease spreads to the kidneys, it can bring about very serious problems. In case you're a woman, your chance of getting a urinary tract disease is higher. Experts rank your lifetime danger of getting a UTI as one in every woman. Many women might even have repeated infections.
UTIs are a key reason why we are frequently advised to wipe ourselves from front to back while or after using the bathroom. That is because of the urethra - the tube that carries the urine outside the body. It is found near the anus. If the infection isn't dealt with, the kidneys are likely to be affected.
Symptoms: To recognize a UTI, watch out for the following side effects:
- Burning sensation while urinating
- A regular urge to urinate, despite the fact that little turns out when you do
- Pressure in your belly
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Dark, bleeding or odd smelling urine
- Feeling drained or shaky
- Fever or chills (a sign the disease may have come to your kidneys)
Home Remedies: Some of the home remedies for UTI are:
- Drink lots of water: One of the main things to do when you have a urinary tract infection is drink a lot of water.
- Load Up on Vitamin C for a Healthy Urinary Tract: Getting a lot of vitamin C is important, since a lot of vitamin C make your urine more acidic. This prevents bacteria from developing.
- Cure UTI Pain with Heat: Applying a warming cushion can calm the region.
- Cut Bladder Irritants from Your Diet: Avoid caffeine, liquor, nicotine, carbonated beverages, and fake sweeteners.
- Empty Your Bladder Again: Each time you exhaust your bladder - regardless of the possibility that it's only a little, you get rid of bacteria every time. So continue making those washroom runs.
- Consider Herbal Remedies: You may discover some relief from taking the herb uva ursi (bearberry leaf)
- Switch to Healthier Habits: Change in lifestyle can make a lot of difference. For instance, quit smoking and wear cotton clothing.
Other Treatment: In case, you have 3 or more UTI bouts in a year, request your specialist for a special treatment plan. Some treatment choices include:
You can take an anti-toxin in low dosage, over a more extended period to avoid repeated infections.
You can also take a single dosage of anti-biotic after sex, as prescribed by your specialist.
A patient can also take anti-toxins for 1 or 2 days as the symptoms show up. The treatments should be only be taken after concerning the specialists. You can also use an at-home urine test kit when you see the symptoms appearing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.