Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar PutchaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir my veins r becoming too weak and my getting pain in my right chest while m breathing m getting too pain sir.
I have been suffering from sleeping problem for 8 year but now I can't sleep properly .in every midnight I wake up 2,3 time and I get scared. Please help me to get out of it.
I am suffering for fever since 1 year. I am male 22 year old. Inhave showed doctors too. But nothing happened. Kindly help me.
I am 45 years old male and suffering from allergy in which water comes from my nose regularly when I take anti allergic medicine then I feel better for sometime but later the same problem continues.
I have a problem not having a good erection during sex and after sometime it evn bends down completely during intercourse and for second time it takes a lot of time to erect. And after stomach n testicles pain severely. Please guide.
I am suffering from dry cough for last two days and whenever I cough my chest got pain what should I do now?
I am addicted to marijuana from last 3 years I am just 17 years old. Now I want to quit what will I do?
I have gas problem about 02 years some time I eat fried like pakoda and parodha next 02 , 03 days constant belching and feeling uncomfortable , release gas through mouth and anus please let us me solution regarding the problem .thanks.
My penis is not standing at the time of sex, please suggest me some ways (having no sideeffects. I request the doctors to reply the exact answer, I have asked this question several times but did not get any satisfactory answer yet.
Sir I am not getting sleep naturally so what to do aim working in lab I am taking homeopath but it not woks mid night around 1.30 disturbance stars pls suggest me what to do little tense also I am not getting sleep. And once disturbed while sleeping then no sleep whole night.
Severe pain in both side of forehead in veins. Mainly happens in summer when temperature goes up. Sometime everything seems to be black around eyes. Feel no sensation Please tell what to do.
I am 28 year muze diabetes he Orr bp bhi he .me 2 time diabetes ka medicine leta hu abhi mera diabetes 89_ 170 he .leakin muze raat me sothe samai muze beche si hoti he Orr dil me dhad dhad hota use karan nind nahi ati Orr late 3 se 4 ke bich me nind lagti he .to kya karu me eske wahaja he bhot preshan hu me kya medicine loo Orr kya karu. please doctors reply me. Medician diabetes ka normal wala he. Brown and white wala he .ess problem se bhot preshan hu please doctor reply me bhot preshan hu Doctor ko pucha to doctor ne bola acciditi ke wajha se hota he. Me bp ka medicine bhi leta hu.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.