Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar NYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 years old and my penis size is small. So this problem irritates me. Please give me a good way to increase size of penis?
I am suffering from piles problem and suddenly from today I have started bleeding could you please suggest me to cure this problem as soon as possible.
My husband is diagnosed with fatty liver. What are the possible reason for the same and the best possible remedy.
Which medicine to take for cold. Actually I suffer from very bad cold So please suggest the medicine.
Hi I am male and 26 years of age. From past many years I am having excessive sweating in hands, feet's and under legs. Even took homeopathy medicines for a month but there was no results. Its really troubling me, whats the best and permanent method to cure this.
We had married before 4 years. Still we cannot able to have sex. Penetration and sex positions are not going proper. What will we do? Her vagina is so tight. My penis is also not stronger.
I'm 18 years old, I have headache and back pain from last 2 week. And I have weakness too and stretch mark on my shoulder.
I want to know the symptoms of HIV and AIDS because in recent time I am participated in sex most of the time without condom.
I m female age 53, I don't have diabities, bp problem but some time I had a tomuch pain from my foot, knee, hips, back, neck & shoulder.
Sir i am 32years old I have suffering from gas related problems last couple of years feel like one air ball circulate in my stomach and some times moves left and right side of my body.
I am 62 year type 2. Diabetic, I am wondering whether Cornflake for breakfast is suitable? When I take Corn flakes, I am putting on weight. Please advise. Thanks
My HBA1C is 8.9%, glycomet 2 GP, and tendia M forte 20/1000 is prescribed, D protien is also to be taken 2 times, should I take calcium tablet like tayo 60k also, and which meal is good for breakfast, thank you and awaits your advice.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.