Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
Dr. how much should I drink water to keep my skin fresh and healthy, Dr. do you know any medicine to cure oily skin please help me.
Hie, I am 21 years old oily skin, black heads, dul skin, tone skin and my brother wedding is there on 18 so I'm very upset so please suggests me some medicine or treatment to remove all this.
Question is for wife My wife is having a black patches on her cheeks and above nose, this was started after she delivered a baby boy from one year ago. How it is happen and is it permanent please suggest Is there any treatment in homeopathy or ayurveda. Now she can not attend any function due to this.
I am 24 years I had boils before 7 months nd it has left dark marks on my legs nd hands I applied almost al scar end creams dint work suggest gud ointment so tat I can get rid of dis in 1 months.
My daughter is suffering from stomach ache and loose motions form yesterday night ,moreover I found blood in her motions so please prescribe me duet as well as any medicine.
I'm 20 years old. I have acne from 3 years. It resulted in scars and dark spots. Please suggest any medication for treating dark spots and scars. Currently i'm using Clindamycin gel which was prescribed by my doctor. But of no avail. It caused me a bigger pimple. So please suggest me.
‘If you don’t bathe properly, you’ll get rashes’. We’ve all heard this statement when we were young, but being unhygienic is not the only cause for eczema. Skin conditions such as eczema, allergic dermatitis, urticaria, skin allergy, psoriasis, etc. are usually symptoms of a larger constitutional problem. Thus, merely treating the visible rash will not cure the problem. Homeopathy is an effective form of treatment for skin diseases as it addresses the root cause of the problem.
When it comes to homeopathy, no one medicine can be used universally. This is because homeopathic prescriptions depend on the symptoms presented and the mental state of the person.
Here are some of the common homeopathic remedies prescribed for skin disorders.
1. Graphites: This is used to treat a number of skin conditions. Some of the symptoms it can address are:
Moist scabby eruptions on joints, between fingers, behind the ears or on the scalp
Dry and scaly skin
Fissured eczema that bleeds or has a thick gooey discharge
Itchy eczema on the scalp and face
2. Arsenicum: Arsenicum is prescribed to treat chronic eczema, psoriasis and urticaria. Some of the visible symptoms it helps treat are:
Itching and inflammation of the skin
Pimples and nettle rash
Ulcers that burn and ooze discharge
3. Sulphur: Any skin condition that seems to feel aggravated or burns after washing can be treated with sulphur. Some of the symptoms it treats are:
Coarse skin with a tendency to have pustular eruptions
Dry and itchy scalp
Eruption with yellow crusts
Itching in the folds of the skin
Slow growing or brittle nails
Dry skin around the corners of the mouth and around the nostrils.
4. Mezereum: Skin allergies and conditions? that are accompanied by intense itching can be treated with mezereum. It is usually used to treat symptoms like:
Crustiness and itching
Scabs with thick pus
Itchiness that gets worse at night
5. Rhus Toxicodendron: This can be used to treat a number of skin conditions such as
Eruptions with rheumatic pains
Extreme itchiness and persistent tingling sensations
Skin covered with small cysts filled with fluid that have a red areola around them.
6. Natrum Meriaticum: This can be used to treat both dry skin as well as moist eruptions. Some of the symptoms it addresses are:
Blisters filled with fluids in the joints
Moist eczema that does not itch
Eczema that oozes pus
- Itchy hives caused by allergic reactions
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My face becoming dark day by day so please sugest me how can I get back my previous fairness and my face can be more glow.
I have fungus problem in my leg and suffering for so many days. I went to many doctors but its spreading over the body. please issue.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.