Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
My brother had jaundice 1 year ago and he was affected by type 1 diabetes after this issue. Yesterday he was having little gastric problem and took medicine. But from morn he has more pain in stomach and also vomited yellow colour fluid. Also, his eyes are in yellow colour.
What are the symptoms of cardiac arrest I personally feel that I am getting chest pain and from left side of the chest some pain is there like needles piercing at near by heart is this a symptom?
When I do perform sex with my gf I can't satisfy her as because of early release of semen within 1 minute of intimation. please help me what should I do for dis.
leaf of tulsi, laung, kali mirch, dalchini, ardarak, haldi, & giloya boil and take as tea 3-4 times in a day..
Psoriasis is a common autoimmune disorder of the skin that results in the formation of thickened and elevated plaques of cells that remain covered by scales (loose, whitish-silver scales). In psoriasis, the skin cells multiply at an alarming rate resulting in the scaling of the skin. Though non-contagious, psoriasis can be itchy and often painful. Psoriasis mainly affects the scalp, elbow, and knees. In some, the condition may also affect the palms, feet (soles of the feet), and the torso.
As per a survey, psoriasis is known to affect approximately 2.2% of the total adult population. Psoriasis can also affect children (children under the age group of 5-8 years are mostly affected by this inflammatory skin disorder).
Psoriasis Can of Different Types
- Plaque Psoriasis: As the name suggests, this type of psoriasis results in the formation of plaques of cells (thickened and elevated) on the skin surface. One of the most common types of psoriasis, plaque psoriasis affects the scalp, knees, and elbow.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis mainly affects the hands and the feet of the adults whereby white blisters (pus-filled) appear on the affected area of the skin. The skin also appears red and inflamed.
- Guttate Psoriasis: This type of psoriasis usually affects the legs, torso, and arms. Common in children (sometimes young adults), Guttate psoriasis results in the formation of small red spots.
- Inverse Psoriasis: In Inverse psoriasis, shiny red (bright red) inflammations or lesions appear on the armpits, groyne, breasts.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis: Though rare, this type of psoriasis is marked by extreme redness of the skin. There is also shedding of the scales (in the form of sheets). The skin more or less appears sun burnt.
The symptoms associated with psoriasis include
- Elevated and inflamed red patches covered by whitish- silver scales (plaques).
- The nails appear thick and pitted.
- There is a pain in the joints followed by swelling.
- At times, the affected skin may crack resulting in bleeding.
- Soreness, itching and a burning sensation around the red patches.
In psoriasis of the scalp,
- There may be the formation of scales (usually mild).
- In severe cases, there may be crusting (the full scalp) which can spread to the forehead, ears (inside and behind), in the beard or even around the nose.
Though there is no definite treatment for psoriasis of the body and the scalp, the following medications may prove to be helpful
- Medications like Methotrexate and Cyclosporine (immunosuppressant drugs), Retinoids, and Biologics (injected intravenously) may provide some relief.
- Patients may also benefit from light therapy, anthralin, topical corticosteroids as well as vitamin D analogs.
Precaution and care
For psoriasis of the scalp
- Before the treatment, it is important to remove (and soften) the scales. Medicated shampoos that contain salicylic acid can be used to remove the scales.
- Use of petroleum jelly or medicated oils and ointments (as recommended by the doctor) can be helpful.
- For better results, you can keep the scalp covered (preferably with a shower cap) after applying the ointment.
For Psoriasis of the Body
- Avoid the skin from getting dry. You can use a medicated lotion or a moisturizer.
- Drinking and smoking can worsen the situation. Avoid these vices as much as you can.
- Avoid using hot water while bathing. To keep your skin moisturised, you can add oil or salt to the water (bathwater).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A brain disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is characterized by a continuous pattern of hyperactivity and inattention, resulting in interference with normal development and functioning. The term is applied to both adults and children who exhibit these two characteristics over a long period of time. The condition is usually discovered during a child's early school years, between the third and sixth year (during which he or she may display problems associated with attention) and can go on into adulthood. Although medications are available under western medical science for treating this condition, they aren't free from any side effects.
Which remedies are generally used for treating ADHD?
Homeopathic remedies can help in easing some of the symptoms of this condition, making it easy for children to take part in normal school and social activities. A homeopath prescribes the relevant remedies after having a clear understanding of your characteristics. Some of the medicines that are used for treating the condition are Cina, Hyoscyamus Niger and Stramonium. While Cina is prescribed for alleviating aggressive behavior, Stramonium is recommended for treating fears or PTSD and Hyoscyamus Niger for sexualized or manic symptoms. But the one remedy that is most preferred for treating the varied symptoms of ADHD is Tarentula Hispana.
How is homeopathy different from conventional medicine?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment approach for ADHD, it differs from conventional western medicine in two very different ways. Firstly, the treatment is personalized to suit your needs and health condition. For this reason, the remedy that is suggested to you differs from the one that is suggested to another individual. Such an approach allows a homeopath to better help you by addressing your specific symptoms compared to the conventional treatment of ADHD. Secondly, it treats the condition using smaller doses of the remedies and not higher doses so as to not aggravate the symptoms of ADHD.
In addition to being safe and non-toxic, when these homeopathic remedies are taken along with dietary modifications and lifestyle changes, they can bring about vital improvements in your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Nutrition for you will never be as important to you as it is during pregnancy, because while eating you have to think not only about you, but also the development of your unborn child. However, merely eating is not enough you have to eat right. Here is your guide of what to eat and what to avoid, during pregnancy, so that your child gets the best nutrition.
Things to eat:
- Whole grains: Whole grains, which can be found in food items like cereals, whole-wheat breads and pastas, are rich in folic acid, iron and fibers. Make sure you incorporate ample amount of whole grains in your diet to remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Beans: Beans are extremely nutritious for pregnant women, as they contain protein, fiber, iron, folate, zinc and calcium, which are much needed for the development of a healthy baby.
- Fish: Incorporate enough fish in your diet because they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, for example, is exceptionally good for health since it contains less mercury than other fish.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, and is also a good source of other nutrients like amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including choline which is crucial for the baby's brain development.
- Berries: Berries contain vitamin C, calcium, folate and fiber, which is important to your diet, besides being a delicious addition to your meal.
- Low fat yogurt: Sweetened yogurt is extremely bad for your health, but a cup of plain, low fat yogurt contains copious amount of calcium and is also a good source of proteins.
Things to avoid:
- Soft cheese: Soft cheese, like feta, blue cheese, brie, etc. are made of unpasteurized milk, which contain listeria bacteria which might be fatal for you and your child. Hence, they are best to avoid.
- Undercooked or raw food: Raw meat may contain toxoplasma and other bacteria. Raw eggs in sauces like mayonnaise, uncooked dough, desserts like tiramisu and salad dressings are also harmful for you. Fish in sushis or self caught fish may also contain harmful bacteria and parasites or chemicals released from nearby factories. Do ensure that your meat and fish are thoroughly cooked while dining out as well.
- Unpasteurized juices: There is always a risk of juices, which are squeezed and unpasteurized, being contaminated with E-coli or salmonella, which can be very harmful for you.
- Pre-dressed poultry: Poultry that has been dressed and stuffed at the market often run the risk of being contaminated by the juices of slaughtered poultry, proving to be best breeding grounds for bacteria.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables: Toxoplasma can breed on unwashed raw foods, which also cause harm to your health, mainly in the prenatal period.
- Alcohol, coffee and unpasteurized milk: These beverages have been deemed unsafe for pregnant ladies since they can cause severe health damages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.